16 | The Black Butler Psychic

It was a nice day

It was a nice day. Saiki had concluded. Wind was blowing through the lush green trees, rustling the bushes and at that moment the stones appeared to emanate a glow from the sun's rays. It was a nice day in the Japanese stone garden. However, even with such a nice day, Saiki still finds himself in a jaded mood, and troubles seem to still be amidst.

Suddenly Saiki heard a resounding noise inside the manor.

"Looks like it got away. Ha!" Finny said blushing mischievously, playfully scratching the back of his hair.

"What're you laughing for? Trying to kill us, you idiot!?" Baldroy exclaimed with his fist up, scolding Finny.

It was a nice day.

"Your tea, we have a special Darjeeling blend to offer from Fortnum and Mason today," Sebastian stated, holding an exquisite teacup.

"Smells lovely, tea can be excellent when made well," Lau replied, drinking the richly fragrant aroma consisting of floral notes with grape undertones.

"Grell," Angelina started to say.

"Learn something from Sebastian,"

"Yes," Grell replied with a forlorn expression.

"I mean just look at his physique! You should quit this country job and work for me in the city!" Angelina said, rubbing Sebastian's back.

"Madam Red," Ciel uttered, clearing his throat.

"Sorry, he looked like he needed a physical! Just a doctor's habit," Angelina conveyed, now imitating Finny's mischievous blush and playfully scratching the back of her hair.

"So, when were you planning to inform us of your new butler, I mean just look at his lush pink hair," Angelina commented, staring at Saiki, who was quite uncomfortable with her gaze.

"That is none of your importance," Ciel said, continuing to sip on his tea.

"Do you believe the drug trafficker was one of your guests today?" Lau vocalized putting his teacup down.

"Perhaps," Ciel replied.

"Why not leave the extermination to Lau, a rat knows best where a rat's nest is, doesn't he?" Angelina said, staring at Ciel.

"I'm but a tame guinea pig, dedicated towards my lord, if the Earl instructs me not to act, I'm bound to do nothing," Lau replied, holding Ciel's head with his palms.

"Watch it! You best keep your filthy paws off my darling nephew!" Angilina said, snatching Ciel from Lau.

"You wound me, I would never paw him in his home madam" Lau professed.

"Are you saying you would if you were elsewhere!? Watch it! You're on thin ice now sir!"

"Master?" Sebastian said, looking at Ciel leaving.

Good grief, Saiki did not want to be here at all, how come his brother gets to lounge around while he still has to work with people who, well, do not look sane, and why is Grell looking at him like that?

Saiki started to leave with Sebastian, hoping to get away from all this mess.

"Master, today's dessert, it's a deep-dish pie prepared with fresh apples and raisins, it will be ready soon. Would you like to eat with your guests?" Sebastian questioned.

"Bring it to my study, I'm done here" Ciel replied, starting to walk away.

"Certainly, my lord"

"Saiki, when I'm done preparing dessert, accompany me to serve it to my lord." Sebastian asserted, smiling.

"Of course," Saiki muttered.

"Now, Saiki, when serving the Earl make sure you pour the tea first before handing out the dessert," Sebastian said walking with Saiki toward the study.

"Don't forget to tell the Earl where the tea came from," Sebastian continued to say.

Sebastian started to knock on the study door with a graceful manner.

"Young master?" Sebastian questioned.

"I brought your pie and afternoon tea,"

Huh, it's too quiet in the study room, even my psychic powers can't detect anybody there. Well, this is not my problem, I'm sure it's nothing. Saiki thought, waiting for Sebastian to open the door.

"Master?" Sebastien inquired, finally opening the door.

"This is terrible, the refreshments will all be wasted now," Sebastian said looking at the messy room with gloom on his face.

Saiki didn't initially understand what Sebastian meant, then he looked over his shoulder.

The sky was pure blue, and the wind emerged through the wide-open window, a breeze carrying an earthy scent causing the more disarray of papers that were already scattered in every conceivable corner.

It was in fact, not a nice day at all.