Chapter 4: The start of the hunt

*the police station*

It was loud, noises all around as Catherine was looking into nothing, sitting on a couch at the station.
His eyes were empty and her heart was beating slowly.. he couldn't believe it.. she let him get away and run with his most precious people.
She was blaming himself for not going with Desmond upstairs to their room, for not being faster, for not thinking better about the situation, and now.. she was paying the price for her mistakes..
Derick gave his final words to his report on the situation, he noticed Catherines despair and sadness, he knew those feelings all too well and he knew that Catherine needed someone to be with him, or she might just fall into a deep darkness and never be able to go back..
Derick sat next to Catherine, patting his back softly as he held his hand.
But right then the door swung open and the Detective, Victor, was looking frantically for Catherine.

Victor-"Angel! Oh thank the gods you're alright!"

He ran towards her and embraced him in a tight hug.

Victor-" When I got the call that there was another missing case and that it was at your house I got sick with worry! Gods I'm so sorry for what happened My songbird.."

His voice was filtered with worry, he held onto Catherine tightly, as if he was going to lose her if he let go.
Derick was glaring at Victor from right next to Catherine, he still wasn't pleased with Victor being a part of his nephews life and especially yesterday's little hustle didn't help with making that any less obvious.

Derick-"Ahem"

Victor-"Oh, Hi Derick, anyway, Angel are you alright?"

Victor changed from glaring at Derick to looking at Catherine with worry and comfort, he didn't really care for anyone else in the room with them, he only cared for his songbird.
Catherine just looked for a moment up at Victor before she slowly shook his head 'no' as he was almost about to cry again.

Victor-"Oh, my songbird.. it's going to be ok, everything's going to be ok, I promise we'll find them and get them back."

Victor said quietly before pulling Catherine into another embrace, caressing her back and brushing his hand through his red locs.
Derick changed his attention from the detective to his niece, his face filled with worry and sadness, he placed his hand on his back as he made circular movements to try and calm him down.

Soon, a female cop walked towards the three of them, holding a few papers in her hand as she stood to the side.

?-"Good morning gentleman, My name is Rue Brooke Lane, I'm here to have a private conversation with Catherine Sinclair."

She presented herself with a confident straight posture, her brown eyes staring at all three of them with a blunt expression, the tone of her voice was a serious and calm one as her reddish-brown, bob style hair slightly swayed to the side.

Victor-"Rue! You're in charge now?"

Rue-"Yes detective, I am in charge of this case, the other ones are for the chief, now, Miss Sinclair , if you would, please follow me."

Her brown eyes were directed directly towards Catherine as he nodded her head and getting up to follow the officer to a private room to talk.
Victor was a bit hesitant to let go of her hand as he knew how pretty intimidating Rue could get and with Catherines state, that wouldn't really do any good, but he let go of him, and let her go with Rue, but his eyes only stopped following the two after they went inside and the door was closed.

*In the meantime with Catherine and Rue*

Rue-" Please, have a seat."

Rue said as she signalled to the chair in front of hers.
Catherine sat down.

Rue-" Now, I will ask you a few questions, please answer honestly."

Rue said as she looked up from her papers and into Catherines beige eyes.
Catherine nodded again.

Rue-"Alright then, on the night that you saw the kidnapper take your kids, did you see how he looked like? Any description or details about this man?"

Catherine-" He looked to be about 6.4 feet tall, he had a hood on but there were strands of black hair that were visible because of the moonlight and it also made his eyes visible since he turned half of his face to look at me when I barged in, his eyes were dark green and had sharp pupils, he had claws and a tail of a wolf. He  had a mask over his mouth but I could see there was a scar that went from his nose down to the right side of his mouth."

Rue listened carefully and without interruption as Catherine described the man that broke inside her home and stole his siblings.
None of them broke eye contact during that whole time.
Rue then paused for a moment when Catherine had stopped, before she finally spoke up.

Rue-" Thank you mister Sinclair, this description is going to help us a lot at finding the criminal and their helpers that committed all of these crimes, but before we end this conversation, most of the victims that happened before your siblings are very similar looking in age, physical appearance and a lot of them are snake sifters or from families or subfamilies close to snakes. Now I understand both you and your siblings are snake sifters, right?"

Rues brown, cold eyes looked into Catherine, trying to see if he would lie to her or not.
Catherine nodded.

Catherine-" yes, we are."

Rue nodded before asking her next question.

Rue-" Well then I have another question, Did you ever had any altercations with the undergrounds?"

Catherine paused for a bit, before she spoke up once again, keeping the eye contact with the officer.

Catherine-" Yes, I had at the start before all of this, around 7 years ago, I had money problem, and couldn't sustain my children, so I took the first offer I could to help them, in the end it wasn't the best one. After 3 years I left, and gained contact with Derick, my uncle, then I think you know everything that happened after that officer."

Rue nodded.

Rue-"sight Yes, I do, tho I think you should stay inside more for the time being, don't do anymore shows, you can keep the Theatres restaurant open and going and still have other people perform, like the bands that usually perform after you. But since you have dealt with the undergrounds and now they have taken your siblings, It would be best if you don't draw a lot of attention to yourself. You're free to go, thank you for your service."

Rue said as she stood up and walked towards the door, with her papers in hands and stuff written on it.
Catherine looked over at the papers before looking up at Rue and stood up himself, walking towards the door as Rue opened it for her.
Victor and Derick noticed the two coming out of the door. Victor ran over to Catherine hugging him for a few seconds before he let go of her, Catherine smiled softly at him and Derick reassuring them both.

Rue looked at the scene for a few minutes before she started walking away.

Victor-" Oi, Rue. Where are you going?"

Rue-" I'm getting work started, we still have a criminal to hunt. You should start on doing that as well."

She said as she looked over her shoulder at Victor for a second before turning away and turning the corner, disappearing from their sight.
Now, with the new information they obtained, the hunt has officially begun.
____________________________________
I will not sugar code this, I was absent and I did not do a lot of new stuff for a long time, but my school schedule has me drained and with little time left to myself especially with a lot of the many test we have and also for how I was sick for about 3-4 days, I had no motivation for writing.
But now I will try to do more stuff with the little days I have, but I will not make promises.
But with that out of the way, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please stay healthy, drink water, stay hydrated and especially, stay safe.
I hope you guys have a great day or night, wherever you guys are, I will see you all in the next chapter I do. Bye-Bye💋

Word count:1441