Chapter 6: Masquerade ball

*In the Sinclair Mansion*

6:35 PM..Catherine looked at herself in the mirror, a brown curly wig covered his red with blond locs, her vertigo skin covered with brown foundation to cover his white skinned spots, the golden piercings and jewellery accompanied her dashing looks, enhancing his beauty with the black one piece and black pants she was wearing..
Sitting in his quiet room, the only sound is the clicking of his hoops as he attached them in his pointy ears, but then a soft knock echoed through the silence of the room, opening quietly as Derick, Catherine's uncle, walked in..

Derick-"Are you sure about this?"

Derick spoke softly, his arms crossed under his chest as he stood by Catherine's chair, his dark brown eyes looking at Catherine into the mirror.

Catherine stayed quiet for a second before sighing softly and nodding.

Catherine- "I'm sure."

Derick looked reluctant, wanting to say something but knowing that whatever he would say wouldn't make Catherine turn back. His eyes closed and he nodded.

Derick-"Fine, that idiot of a fox should be here any minute."

Derick said, his voice coming back to normal as he looks away for a moment, then his gaze turned back at Catherine, his voice more serious now.

Derick-"If anyone recognises you in there, you run, come straight home and you don't leave the mansion only if I'm with you or when this whole thing is done, if they give you any bigger trouble, you know what to do."

Catherine's eyes looked up at Derick, his mouth opening as she wanted to protest against Derick's words, but Derick stopped him, a hand standing in front of her face as to stop him from talking.

Derick-"No. You know as well as I that it's a decision to keep you safe and from anything worse happening."

Catherine paused, both staying quiet as Catherine's eyes looked down. He didn't want to stay inside, she didn't want to do nothing and pretend everything will be having a good ending, but he knew Derick was right, because if someone, by some unfortunate chance, recognised her in there, playing this game will become a lot more dangerous than it already was..

Catherine-"Fine.." He said soft and quietly. Derick nodded.

Derick-"Come on, let's get you down in the main hall, your idiot fox boy should be close by now." Derick said as he reached out his hand for Catherine to take, leading her down the stairs and into the main hall, waiting for the distinguished detective to arrive at the door.

But it was a surprise when they saw Victor standing in the centre of the room, looking at the watch from his wrist, dressed in an old ,dark blue, 70's suit, with silver jewellery pieces and a silver watch, wearing a slicked back, blonde wig, and green eye contacts along with his normal glasses he wears at times. Looking up from the watch, he met eyes with Catherine, his heart quickening for a second before a smile curled on his lips.

Victor-" You look absolutely stunning, my angel!" He said, completely ignoring the daggers that Derick was sending into Victor with his eyes that glared into the fox's soul.

Victor walked up closer to Catherine, taking his hand in his and kissing the back of her hand. Catherine chuckled softly, looking down at Victor with a smile, and Victor would have kept his little act if it wasn't for Derick to push his face away.

Derick-"You keep her safe and you don't allow any of those rats touch him." Derick says with his continuous glare, his pupils turning sharp like the ones of a feline's.

Victor-"Swear by my heart." He said, making a small cross sign over where his heart was, though Derick wasn't all that convinced by Victor's words.

Derick-"Who even let you in? I didn't hear anything coming from the door."