~Prologue~

Gojo Satoru was no other than your... Well, the arguments you had lately made it impossible for you to call him your boyfriend anymore. Back then, whenever there was a topic of conversation, you would talk for hours. Now, was nothing but silence left for you. You both seemed to be drifting apart and you wanted to make it work, but you did not know how. He was too arrogant, and his pride would never allow him to admit it when he was wrong.

You were tired. You needed a break. Maybe even a break-up...

You and Satoru had a big argument about something that had been bothering you for weeks. He refused to see your point of view, insisting that he was right and that you were wrong. You were getting frustrated. You shouted at him, "Why can't you just admit that I'm right? You're so stubborn!"

"Admit it? Admit that you're right? Are you serious?" He chuckles, leaning against the wall with an arrogant smirk. "You think I'm some kind of idiot who can be manipulated by your cute little arguments? Look, just because we don't see eye to eye on everything doesn't mean we have to fight all the time. We both know our strengths and weaknesses. And let me tell you, my strength isn't in admitting defeat." He leans closer, his eyes glinting with mischief.

You clenched your fists in frustration, feeling your heart racing. He was always proud and unyielding. You tried to stay calm, taking a deep breath before you spoke. "Look, I'm not trying to start a fight. All I'm asking is that you listen to me and consider my point of view. Can't you at least do that?"

"Listen? Consider your point of view? Are you kidding me?" He chuckles again, shaking his head in disbelief. "I'm not a doll that you can just wind up and expect to do whatever you want me to. But seriously, I respect your opinions. I may not always agree with them, but at least I take them into consideration. You can't just keep pushing your ideas onto me like they're the only truth in this world!"

Satoru looked away, without saying another word. He crossed his arms and seemed to shut down. You sighed in exasperation. It was times like this that made you feel like you were banging your head against a wall. You wanted to make things work with him, but it was almost impossible when he refused to compromise.

"Ya' know, maybe we should just call it quits. I'm not your toy to play with, and you're not some little doll for me to control either." He turns around and starts walking away, grabbing his blindfold and coat as he left. The apartment door was shut with a bang and was followed by silence. You sat down, covering your face and trying your best not to cry. How long was this going to last?

He went straight to the nearest bar, his usual spot. He ordered a drink and sat there, staring at the empty space where his reflection should be. "Goddammit," he muttered under his breath. "Why can't you just... I don't know... Why can't you be normal?"

He took a sip of his whiskey, letting the burning liquid flow down his throat and warm him from inside. Maybe it was because he wasn't normal. The fact that you and him were two special grades meant you were different from everyone else - it came with its own set of problems.