~Chapter 1~

A few days had passed since you've heard from Satoru. Your heart ached terribly. It felt like it was getting ripped out. Did he really mean it when he wanted to call it quits? You stared at your phone; not a single notification or call.

You sighed, staring at the window. You missed him terribly. You wished you both didn't have to argue this much. You wished things could be better than this. You wondered where he was, what he was doing, and if he was okay.

He definitely went to drink at some point. I sighed at the thought, wondering if he was drinking right now. You looked down as you smirked to yourself slightly, remembering how he used to act when he was drunk back when you both first got together. So clingy and cute.

You swallowed a lump that has formed in your throat. Where are you, Satoru?

Satoru was at his usual bar, his favorite corner table in the back. The place was quieter now that it was late night, just a few regulars still lingering around. He took another sip of his whiskey, gazing into the amber liquor swirling inside his glass.

"Goddammit," he muttered again, shaking his head slightly. "Why does everything have to be so fucking complicated?"He sighed loudly, leaning back on the chair and closing his eyes for a moment. "I just want things to be simple."

His peace was shattered when he heard a familiar voice echo through the silence of the bar. "Hey there, Satoru~ Aren't you supposed to be with your sweet little sorceress?".

Satoru's eyes snapped open, noticing a familiar person approach him. A person he never expected to see so soon. "Suguru?" Satoru sighed, lumping back into his seat. Geto Suguro was the last person Satoru wanted to see right now. "What do you want?"

"Oh, I just want to meet my dear old friend over a drink, maybe? Or do you just want to ignore me like usual?" Suguro shrugged, taking a seat across from Satoru. "You know how it is, Satoru. We've never seen eye to eye ever since jujutsu high. And now here we are again..."

"Never seen eye to eye in what exactly? You're just jealous." Satoru rolled his eyes exaggeratedly.

"Oh please," Suguro scoffed, leaning back on his chair with an air of mock superiority. "Jealous? Would I be sitting here drinking some cheap whiskey if I was jealous of you?" He smirked. "No need for that kind of pathetic excuse."

"Pathetic excuse?! Pathetic is trying to steal my woman and then pretending you're not! If anyone here needs a reality check..." Satoru scoffed, taking another sip of whiskey to cool off.

Suguro chuckled, smiling while closing his eyes. Satoru knew how fake that stupid chuckle was. He coldly stared at Suguro, clenching his teeth slightly.

"Now I wouldn't exactly be stealing your woman if I didn't know she was yours, don't you think?" Suguro smiled, taking a sip of alcohol. Satoru rolled his eyes, muttering a whatever. Suguro rested his head on his hand, a faint smirk on his face. "Speaking of which, how is she?"

"How is she?!" Satoru exclaimed, his voice rising a few octaves higher than usual. "What do you think she is, Suguro? A fucking pet dog you can just come and ask about?" He slammed his fist on the table so hard that the glasses jumped slightly. The alcohol was clearly starting to take its effect on Satoru. Damn it, why did he have to bring her into this?

"Calm down," Suguro said calmly, looking at him with an amused smirk. "I'm just making conversation."

"Well then make better ones! Like how my powers are way superior to yours!" Satoru retorted, leaning closer towards him. "Or maybe how I could rip your pathetic little world apart if I wanted to!" He laughed bitterly.

"So I'm assuming you Both havent been doing well." Suguro smiled, taking another sip of alcohol. "And here I thought you were good with ladies, my old friend."

"Good with ladies?" Satoru scoffed, rolling his eyes again. "You're not exactly the expert on relationships, Suguro." He chuckled darkly. "But yeah, I guess you could say we're not exactly the poster children for a successful love story." He took another sip of his whiskey and sighed heavily. "I just don't get it. We were so good together... And now..." He trailed off, looking down at his drink sadly. "And now everything is just so damn complicated."

Suguro smirked. "Let me guess. You both had some pathetic argument then you stormed out and left her, right?" Suguro chuckled when he saw Satoru look down in shame. Even if Satoru and Suguro are no longer as close as they once were, it was still so easy for Suguro to force Satoru to open up to him. "How many days since you last saw her, hm?" Satoru rolled his eyes.

"...Four days," he muttered quietly. "We haven't talked since then." He sighed heavily. "It's just so frustrating! I try to understand her, you know? But it feels like no matter what I do or say... It's always wrong!" He slammed his hand on the table again, making the glass jump.

Suguro shook his head, his smile unfazed. "That poor girl..." he said mockingly. It seemed like Suguro made it his mission today to get on Satoru's nerves.

Suguro got up, fixing his hair with a smile. "Well then, I'll take my leave. I didn't even plan on wasting my time to hear your sob stories about your failing relationship." Suguro started to walk away, stopping to wave at Satoru with his back facing the white haired man, his fake closed eyes smile causing Satoru's blood to boil once again. "Hope the stuff with your little sorceresses gets fixed or whatever."

Satoru snorted, rolling his eyes. "Fuck you." He muttered bitterly as he watched Suguro leave.

"Fuck you," he repeated under his breath, this time it seemed to be directed towards himself rather than Suguro. Satoru shook his head in frustration. He looked down at his glass, empty except for a few drops of whiskey left behind. "Goddamn it." He sighed loudly, leaning back on the chair and closing his eyes for a moment.

He knew he shouldn't have had so much to drink; it always made things worse. But right now, he just needed something to numb this pain inside him. The pain of losing her... or maybe the fear that she would leave him? It didn't matter anymore. This feeling was eating him alive from inside out.

He poured more whiskey into his glass and took another sip, feeling the warm cozy sensation spread throughout his body as it slid down his throat. Maybe if he drank enough... maybe if he convinced himself enough that she didn't matter anymore... maybe then this emptiness would go away..