Arknights - The Crimson Dragon's Shattered Oath

Located somewhere in the Victorian country side reside a modest manor that laid away from the rest of the nation and those of prying eyes. Within it's quiet yet pristinely polished wooden walls housed a great secret. That the last two known Dracos still prevailed, despite the efforts of some and intrigue of the Victorian court. And within was to be told, one by the Earl of Warwick to the two young minds.

"This is a story of Victoria, a tale from the distant pas-" 

But he didn't get very far when another, uninvited, voice spoke from behind.

"Alright, that enough of that."

"Wait. Wha-?!"

Attempting in see out shock and surprise, the Earl found his efforts met with a swift end as the sound of a thunderous bang then rang out loud and clear throughout the halls as a body fell bloody and lifeless to ground.

Lying dead with a hole punched clean through his temple, the once proud Earl was now but a nameless corpse at the feet of the stranger in the black mask holding the smoking gun with uncaring expression as his sights move to the story book still lodged within the Earl's grasp.

Kneeing down, the stranger grabbed tight of the book before firmly yanking it out of the dead's grasp. Bring it to, the stranger admire the quality of the book with it's fine hard leather cover and the simple engraving etching into its skin depicting twin dragons in fine golden ink. Turning it over, a light then gently enveloped the book as it then took on another look with cover more complex in its illustration as the stranger took on a look of approval.

"Now that that's out of the way."

The stranger huffed to himself before turning the pages and addressing the audience present.

"Let me tell you a new story."

"One, of course, of Victoria, but not of distant past nor of mere fairytales, but of certain truths and bitter circumstances,"

"The truth that perhaps somewhere out there, two crimson dragons who found and swore themselves to Victoria and were as real as could be,"

"Perhaps one of them did kill the other over a mere fucking flowers--but, that is neither here or there for us to worry of."

"Instead, our story is of that which shall foretell the coming future and that of the present,"

"Shall we begin?"

"Long after the strife of the two crimson dragons and lions, came Victoria as we know it now ruled by the Aslons,"

"And for a time, there was peace."

"But tragedy struck as the good king was struck down by the greedy and selfish nobles and with the heir missing, left Victoria ruler less for the foreseeable future,"

"And so vacant the throne remained, unclaimed by all unworthy."

"Worst yet, unwelcome enemies of old, seeking vengeance and power, seized the opportunity to strike whilst the prey was weak and exposed!"

"And it was none other then Kazdel, the once proud nation of the Sarkaz, brought to ruin by the nations of Terra because they mistrusted the Sarkaz and feared their growing might."