Chapter 13

After shopping for more than an hour, Charn was ready for dinner. Nawin had to go back to the restaurant they found and parked nearby. As they walked to the entrance, Charn scanned the area, trying to find a camera pointing to the entrance door, but he didn't find it.

"Good evening, do you have a reservation?" a waiter asked after he saw the two young men entering the restaurant. Nawin looked at his beloved lawyer, he smirked and Charn understood the signal right after he saw his ex-boyfriend putting a hand into his pocket, searching for some cash to bribe the waiter.

"Excuse me, where can I find the maître?" Charn confidently asked to a very young waiter who had just served a table. The poor young guy feared for his job, thinking that the lawyer was going to complain for a mistake he didn't notice, so he replied:

"I'm sure we can find a solution, sir..."

"Oh, don't worry, it isn't related to the service, you can calm down now, I need to ask him a few questions" Charn added with a gentle smile while patting the young waiter's shoulder and putting a generous tip into his pocket. The waiter looked at the money, he gulped and then he turned back to the lawyer, saying that he was going to call the maître immediately.

A few seconds later, an incredibly elegant man in his 50's reached him.

"Good evening, I'm really sorry to disturb you in the middle of your service, but I would like to ask you if you remember something from the night of Kimhan's accident"

"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not allowed to talk to journalists when it involves our clients and guests" the man replied and was about to leave, when Charn stopped him and added:

"I'm his lawyer, not a journalist, and I must make sure that there aren't different versions of the same story going around the city, did I make myself clear? Now, do I need to repeat my question or..."

The maître nodded and came closer to Charn, then he responded with a lower tone:

"There isn't much to say, sir. That evening, after Khun Kimhan and his partner finished their meal, he walked to the exit. He noticed it was raining heavily, so he asked me if we had an umbrella, I replied that we didn't have one and so they both ran to the car"

"Wait, are you sure that both of them ran to the car?"

"Yes, I saw them both leave at the same time. I'm not sure if these were the exact words, but I remember Kimhan saying that he was going to get the car, and then his husband insisted that he wanted to go with him anyway, I really need to go now, I'm sorry"

"I got us a table!" Nawin exclaimed after he went back to Charn. He actually ended up repeating that same sentence a few times, since Charn was too busy focusing on the incongruence between the maître's version and Porchay's one. Why would they change something so insignificant?

"Hello? Earth calls Charn, are you listening to me?" Nawin said. Charn eventually heard him, he told him to come with him to the restroom. When they arrived there, he grabbed Nawin's hands softly and said:

"Nawin, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done this, I know it is wrong to play with your feelings just to hurt Tinn whenever he makes me angry. You deserve better, and if you really want me to be happy, know that I will never be able to be like that as long as you're obsessed with me" or at least this is what he thought he could say, since he just told him: "I used you because I was mad at Tinn, I hope you will forgive me, my little illiterate masochist", at that point Nawin replied "ok, but can we eat first? I'm hungry... and I like the nickname"