12

"Get off of me!" I screamed in desperation.

After screaming for so long, I couldn't take it anymore. I just stopped screaming and gave in. I could tell that the man was enjoying it in his own cruel, sadistic way. The "prison guard" finally came in to stop the ravenous beast. The guard pulled him back, punched him so hard in the gut that he doubled over, and proceeded to snap his neck.

What the hell just happened?

1)I was thrown in a cell or something

2)I was attacked, and left bloody and bruised and maybe fractured from my attacker's punches, slaps, and jabs from knees and elbows.

3)The cruel man which I have "dearly" nicknamed "prison guard" saved me from my attacker.

"When I told him to go easy, I didn't expect him to be the type to just beat someone and not do anything else, but, whatever, he was schedules for execution anyway." He said confused, then matter-of-factly.

I said in a low voice "What you mean 'he was scheduled for execution anyway'?"

"Hon," he said in a mocking tone, "That's what the world is really like. Not that stupid cattle house you were living in'. And with that, he walked out and locked me back in.

I could feel myself harden itself, turn to steel. The pain was still subdued from adrenaline, or maybe shock, and I was not quivering. I looked down at the ground spotted with my blood. The crazy bastard I thought. I smirked and gave out a small chuckle. Now, wouldn't it feel nice to give the crazy bastard the pain he deserved? I started to think logically again. NO! I can't go around doing that.

But, of course I can. Why shouldn't I?

I wanted to curl up in the corner to go cry again, but I needed to take care of all my injuries, and crying got me in this mess in the first place. I stood up and walked to the door. I was feeling bold.

"Hey!" I yelled to get attention.

"Back away from the door" the guard replied.

"I want medical supplies"

"That's rich. Someone will tend to you later"

"No, I want to do it now."

He sighed "You will be taken care of tomorrow. Just go away and try not to get infected"

"Give her some alcohol" said a familiar voice.

"What, why? Why does she get special treatment to all the other bastards? It's no fun this way!"

"Because. We can't have her dying right now. At least give her some damn first aid, or the supplies. I don't care who administers it, but I want something done"

The guard spat out "Yes...sir." He directed himself to me "Lucky you, you get to suffer for a little bit longer"

It took over an hour, or really my conceived hour, for something else to finally happen. A scrawny, sky-looking man in a white lab coat brought me a brown box of miscellaneous items. I didn't recognize most of it.

"Uh, since you're probably not s-sure what most of this stuff is, I-I left some instructions and descriptions for you" and with that he scurried out like a low-lying mouse.

The instructions told me to pour the alcohol on some of the cotton pads and use that to clean my new wounds. The alcohol smelled weird-too strong, but I guess it's what I was supposed to do. I mean, none of the stuff looked familiar, or at least most of it. You just stick the healing patch on wherever you're hurt and it fixes you in a few days.

The alcohol stung bad, but it felt nice after the first ten times. It numbed the pain and supposedly kept me from getting sick. I took off my clothes to check for other injuries. I had several that I couldn't see, but my hands grazed over the now soiled dressing on my back.

Oh yeah, I got shot. The thought made me laugh a bit, then I continued to clean everything up, including putting new dressing on the gunshot wound, and bandages on the really bad other ones.

I felt burning hot so I kept my clothes off and moved to a different spot in the room to lay down. I rolled my clothe up to use as a makeshift pillow. The stone felt divinely cool on my skin-well, the skin that wasn't bandages. I was like a walking roll of white bandages. I think a comrade called that a mummy or something.

For being held captive, had been beaten, and everything else that had happened, I slept pretty well that night.