Chapter 296-300

Chapter 296: Jennie Stays, and Fourth Master Manoban Confesses

Jennie said, “No.”

Lisa's eyes moved slightly.

“Feelings can be developed on the basis of mutual affection. I don’t have feelings for you—I’m very sure that I have no feelings for Fourth Master.”

“Is that so?”

“I left seven years ago and left without saying goodbye today. I thought you understood, Fourth Master.” Jennie was very straightforward.

At this moment, Lisa nodded slightly.

Jennie thought that he understood. She said, “I’ve let you down. I’m very sorry—”

“I like you,” Lisa suddenly said.

Jennie did not finish her sentence.

She looked at Fourth Master Manoban.

It was as if…

She could feel that Fourth Master Manoban liked her.

Nonetheless, she did not think that those words would come out of Fourth Master Manoban's mouth.

She had always thought that he was a person who cared about his face.

After being rejected to such an extent, he would no longer reveal his emotions.

Jennie was not the only one who was surprised. Jae Hyun was also surprised.

Jae Hyun had always felt that it was impossible for Fourth Master Manoban to say something like that in his entire life. Who knew, when he was rejected by Jennie, he said it.

However, why did it feel so sad?

Jae Hyun could not bear it anymore, but…

“I don’t like you,” Jennie responded.

There was one more word, but the meaning became completely different.

Lisa's eyes moved slightly.

He seemed to be digesting it.

“I’m sorry,” Jennie apologized.

There was no need to apologize.

Apologizing would make it seem as if the other party appeared to be having wishful thinking.

“Fourth Master, you deserve better.” Jennie looked at Lisa. “Although the distinguished third princess of the Sanders isn’t a good match for you, the people of Harken are outstanding. There are so many young ladies here. You’ll find someone suitable for you, so you don’t need to waste your feelings on me.”

“They’re my feelings.” Lisa was cold.

“Yes, I’m in no place to say anything about your feelings.” Jennie nodded. She continued, “Thanks for taking care of me during this time. I’ll bring Liam—”

“Why do you want to leave just like that?” Lisa interrupted her.

Jennie was stunned.

“Answer my question, and I’ll let you leave.” Lisa stared at her.

Jennie pursed her lips.

Actually, it was no surprise that Fourth Master Manoban would ask her this.

Anyone would be curious.

Why did she want to leave just like that?

She left just like that and did not plan on returning.

Jennie did not understand either.