The Beginning of the End

"She is too powerful! We can't keep her Mikoto!" Fugaku's loud whispers brought dread to the child's mother.

"But she's our daught..."

"She killed the doctor! Right there! You saw it. I'm sorry, she is just too much." His pounding feet turned the corner of the hospital. His wife on back, child in arms. "We need to get out of here!" He threw the nearest door open, and began descending a flight of stairs. "Please don't cry, sweetie." His wife's tears streamed onto his collar.

Soon, they were out of the building. Fugaku shielded the setting sun from his eyes, turning left to run again.

"We can't just leave her anywhere!" The mother cried.

"I know, I know..." His feet pounded on and on, sweat pouring itself down the back of his neck; his brain and eyes too distracted to notice the shadow along the rooftops. Fugaku turned another corner, entering an alley.

"We can't leave her here! What if something happens to her?" Mikoto cried.

"Miko..." He bent down allowing her to climb off, handing her the newly-born child. "I don't want to do this either. You know I don't. But we have no choice. You saw the chakra coming off of that thing!"

"She's not a thing! She is a living child, and her name is (F/N)."

"God, Miko! You named her?!" Fugaku lifted his hand to his face. "I'm sorry, but we can't keep it... (F/N)." He looked at his wife with all of the sympathy and love he had for her and that child. Slowly, he took (F/N) from her arms. Giving one last look, he set her down, making sure she was tightly bundled in the black coat.

"Wait..." Shaking, Mikoto carved her name into the dirt next to the child. "Okay." Kissing her fingertips, Mikoto placed her hand on the child's small head. "I love you." And with that, she climbed back onto her husband's back. He turned, the falling sun turning them into silhouettes. And without looking back, they left.

"Waaaa... waaaa!" The small child cried.

"Shhhh.... shhhhh. It's alright now." The teenage boy lifted me into his arms, gently rocking. Looking down, he noticed small letters carved into the dirt. "(F/N)" He read aloud. 'I can not believe they just left you here...' Itachi thought to himself. "Come on, let's go home. I will take care of you until you don't need anyone." He exited the now dark alley, turning to the familiar path. 'Damn lights' He thought to himself. Silently, he retrieved a kunai and skillfully threw it in the direction of the streetlamp, and continued walking through the darkness.

Peering around the entrance to his house, Itachi entered the living room. And with a familiar hand sign and a small amount of chakra, Itachi was in his room. With a sigh, he sat down on his sleeping mat, still cuddling the small child. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Itaaacchhhiiii..." I, a small child sang. "Are you going to find meeee...!?" I shrieked, now being held upside down by a certain brother.

"Found you." He said to her foot. Carefully, he set her down. "Come here (F/N), I need to talk to you about something important."

"What's immmportaant?" The eight year old asked, scrunching my nose. Not having anyone to talk to limiting my vocabulary.

"Important is when something is important." He joked.

"Tachiiii...." I said, sticking out my tongue. The 17 year old sighed, sitting down next to a tree. I jumped in his lap, still giggling.

"Important is when something matters. Like you do to me." He laughed, kissing the child on her lightly freckled nose. Once again, Itachi sighed. "I'm leaving."

"Can I go with you?"

"No. No one is going with me. And I don't think that I will see you again either." He confessed, giving the child a half-smile.

"But... Itti. I...I..." Tears filled the child's eyes.

"(F/N), please don't cry. I promise you, I am not going to be leaving for a long time, but I can't come and see you anymore." This did it. I broke out into an uncontrollable fit of tears.

"Ittii don't go! Now your leaving me too?!" The tears stopped, deep shadows covering my (E/C) eyes.

"Butterfly?" Itachi asked.

"I am nobody's butterfly." My head remained down. Itachi winced as a cold breeze started blowing from the west, no, started blowing from all directions.

'What the...' Itachi thought to himself. But suddenly, I looked up. Clouds began forming overhead, blocking the sun's warm rays. Leaves blowing in every direction, dust burning Itachi's eyes.

"(F/N)?"

"NO!" The force of the child's voice would have blown my sibling away if not for the tree. But suddenly, the tree fell back, taking Itachi with it. "Fine. Leave me." I said, spitting out each word with venom. Sitting up, Itachi's eyes widened with fear.

'So that's why they left her...' He thought to himself. And with that thought, Itachi rose, and leaped into the nearest tree, leaving (F/N) behind in a mad swarm of enormous chakra.

(*Sry Guys! I swear Kakashi is coming up. I am still new to this site and am trying to figure out how this works. I'm very thorough and descriptive, which makes a good story. So please bare me out, I have a good feeling about this fanfic. Hope you guys enjoy. Oh, and PLEASE comment on how it's going; I would love any suggestions or comments. Thanks you guys!*)