day 6

" i'm so problematic that i'm probably a problem addict. "

calum pov

"i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but ashton irwin will no longer be joining us for support group. after yesterday's.. incident, the hospital staff have decided that he will be meeting with a psychiatrist one on one for the remainder of his time here."

my eyes opened wider than i thought they could at annoying voice's announcement. "n-no," i whispered shakily. "no, i wanna see him, i wanna talk to him, i..." my voice trailed off weakly.

"listen calum," annoying voice's tone was more gentle than usual, but i still couldn't stand hearing her talk. "i know you care about ashton and that's great. but i want you to take into consideration what i said yesterday."

"i did," i whined, feeling like i could cry. "i really did. and you have lots of valid points but... i just need him. he's the first thing that's made me happy in a really long time. and i know he's willing to try and make us work, and so am i. just please, we only have today and tomorrow and then we leave. please, try to get him back here." my eyes were welled up with tears and my lip was trembling by the time i finished begging.

annoying voice sighed as she got up, crossing her arms over her chest. "i'm going to go see what i can do, i'll be back in a minute." she walked out the door still looking quite fed up.

i sighed, slumping down in my chair.

"calum?" i looked up to see a girl sitting next to me, and i smiled gently. "i, uh- i'm mariah. i know we've never talked but, uh.. well, i go to ashton's school. and i don't wanna seem like a huge bitch or anything, but you're making a huge mistake."

"what?" i studied mariah in confusion. "this is some kind of joke, right?"

"i wish," she shook her head, sighing before continuing. "however sweet ashton is to you now, i promise it won't last. see, ashton's got a reputation. he's a bad boy, a player, a douche. and anyone close to him says he's obsessed. being admired and on top is all he cares about. i just.. you seem like a sweet kid, and i don't want you to get hurt."

i shook my head vigorously, not believing anything i had heard.

"no. no, you don't know him. he loves me. you're just jealous or something! i don't know what the hell your problem is but stop telling me lies and get away from me!" i barked at the girl. she looked at me with a defeated look, sighing and shaking her head as she got up.

"don't say I didn't warn you."

i clenched my fists, wanting to go off on the girl again when the door opened, revealing annoying voice. i frowned as i noticed ashton wasn't with her.

"calum, the psychiatrist wants ashton for today, but he'll be in here tomorrow."

i pouted, looking down at the floor. i knew there was nothing else i could do.

"alright, then," annoying voice clapped her hands together. "moving on."

i stopped listening, lost in thought. i missed ashton honestly. it just felt so normal to have him by my side. how would it feel once we were out of here, and i never saw him? i shook my head, trying to get the thought out of my mind.

suddenly, i felt a buzzing in my back pocket. i practically jumped in my seat, but contained myself so that annoying voice wouldn't notice me. who would be texting me now?

"excuse me?" i raised my hand, cutting off whoever had been talking. annoying voice scowled at me. "i need to use the restroom."

"go ahead, calum, but be quick." annoying voice huffed.

i scurried out of the room and headed towards the bathroom. as soon as the door closed behind me, i pulled my phone out of my pocket.

ashton: don't freak out
ashton: also i texted myself from your phone yesterday and added a contact lol

calum: jesus ashton you scared me
calum: aren't you with the psychiatrist?

ashton: yeah but he left the room
ashton: aren't you still with the group?

calum: i went to the bathroom
calum: ashton
calum: can i ask you something?

ashton: of course baby doll

calum: do you talk to that mariah girl?

ashton: ???

calum: the tall pale blonde in support group, wears lots of eminem tee shirts

ashton: ohhh her
ashton: no i've never spoken to her, why?

calum: because she told me i was making a mistake being with you...
calum: she said that at school you have a bad reputation

ashton: what the fuck

calum: is it true

ashton: of course not baby. listen, i don't know what her problem is but i've never seen her before in my life. there's no way she goes to my school

calum: really? you promise?

ashton: i wouldn't lie to you baby
ashton: the psychiatrist is coming back, gtg
ashton: i love you
ashton: don't listen to that whore

i smiled and sighed in content as i put my phone back in my pocket. things with ashton were good, and i was doing great.

-
-
-
-
-

I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO END THIS FML

like the little emoji by ashton's name i'm so adorable

mariah is basically described as my best friend lol ily kiwi

- gwen xo

ps- this is super filler actually the good stuff starts when they get discharged

pps- there's only gonna be like three more chapters