day 10 - part 1

( its day 10 bc day 7 was a friday and i'm skipping to monday carry on )

( also this chapter is really short bc there's two parts to day 10 )

" kill the conversation, wrap this up with a lie that i'm enjoying every minute with myself. "

ashton pov

as i walked through the halls on my first day back at school i was bombarded with talk.  my friends followed close behind me, never leaving my side.  i decided not to answer anybody, at least not until class started.

"ashton, bro, you're back!"

"we missed you, buddy."

"you look great!"

"how are you doing?"

"ashton?"

i whipped around and felt my heart flutter when i heard the small familiar voice. 

"queenie."

calum ran up to me, wrapping his arms around my torso immediately, nuzzling his face in my neck. 

"who's this?"

i froze.  things were different here than the were at support group, i had to remember that.  my friends knew i was gay, but i hadn't ever been in a public relationship.  being with someone in general scared me, but being with someone like calum?  i didn't know what to expect from the people around me, and i couldn't handle that.

calum ignored the questioning from my friends, just sighing against my skin. i tried not to think about how much i wanted his lips on my neck. 

"i missed you so much," he whispered, pulling back slightly.  i bit my lip, still completely unsure of what to do.

"seriously ash, who is this kid?" another of my friends chimed in.

"i-um.. well," i stammered, closing my eyes and refusing to look at calum as i finally spoke.  "i have no idea.  do i know you?"

calum could tell the question was directed at him, even though my glance stayed on my shoes.  i could practically hear his heart break in half.

"ash," he whispered, his voice shaky.  i bit my lip, trying my hardest not to cry. 

"no," calum said finally.  "no, you don't know me.  and i most definitely do not know you."

-
-
-

lol oops?

-gwen xo