day 7

" i know it's mad, but if the world were ending, would you kiss me or just leave me? "

calum pov

as i walked through the hospital halls down to support group, my heart was racing and i felt like i was going to be sick. all my emotions were a whirlwind and i didn't know what to do. i should have been overjoyed that i was finally going to be discharged, by instead my mind was clouded by worry and confusion and sadness.

so many things could go wrong. the doctors could decide that i wasn't ready to be discharged. the doctors could decide that ashton wasn't ready to be discharged. ashton. i was terrified of what was going to happen between us. we could lose touch so easily, it made me sick to my stomach. and there was still a possibility that ashton was lying about something, anything, and it was eating away at me. i felt like an idiot for even considering it, but i was always one to fear the worst.

i sighed heavily as i walked into support group, trying to put on a brave face. i had dressed up extra special, mostly for ashton. my simple black skater skirt always made my legs look nice, especially when i paired it with my knit gray knee socks and combat boots. i wore a blink-182 tank (i remembered that ashton liked them too) with a pinkish colored flannel. i had put on a little eyeliner along with my usual mascara, and i had spent ages on my hair. i felt almost ridiculous getting so dressed up, wanted to hide as i felt everyone's eyes on me. but any embarrassment i had fell away as soon as i saw the way ashton's jaw dropped slightly, how the corners of his lips turned up, how his eyes started to twinkle.

"my god, princess," ashton breathed out as i sat down next to him, "you look.. astonishing."

i blushed as ashton rubbed his thumb across my cheek, staring at me in a way that no one had ever looked at me.

"thanks," i mumbled, biting my lip. ashton flashed me a worried look, furrowing his eyebrows.

"cal, what's wrong?"

"everything," i whispered shakily. "what's gonna happen to us, ash? i feel like we're never gonna speak again, and i don't know how i'm gonna deal with it and.. and i just, don't know wha-"

ashton's lips were on mine before i knew what was happening, his mouth moving slowly against mine and calming me down. his large hand cupped my cheek, thumb stroking against my jawline. ashton pulled back sooner than i would have liked, but stayed gently caressing my face.

"calum, i promise, i'm going to do everything i can to make this work once we get out of here. we're going to keep in touch, and i'm not going to forget about you."

i let out a sigh, nodding my head.

"i love you, ash."

"i love you too, queenie."

two days later

both mine and ashton's discharges had gone well, and we were both expected back at school the following monday. which was tomorrow.

ashton and i were constantly texting, and he made my days so much brighter.

calum: i'm scared ash

ashton: what's wrong princess?

calum: my parents said they wanna have a "serious talk"

ashton: don't be scared babe, i'm here

"calum, put the phone down."

i did as i was told, looking up at my parents expectantly.

"what's.. uh- what's going on?"

"calum, baby, listen," my mom said softly, "we know we haven't treated you the best, since you started.. you know. but we really love you, and we're going to do everything we can to make you feel accepted."

my father nodded in agreement. "we still don't really understand, but we want you happy. so, we're going to have you start attending a different school. we know the kids at yours don't treat you like they should, and we think you deserve a fresh start."

"i-really?" the thought was exciting to me. i would miss my friends, but my parents were right. "that would be helpful i think."

"we love you calum," my mom whispered.

"i love you too."

calum: hey again
calum: everything's alright

ashton: what did they want to talk about?

calum: i'm transferring schools :)

ashton: that's great babe!

calum: i miss you

ashton: i miss you too queenie

calum: i love you

ashton: i love you more

i was still nervous and stressed about everything, the transition from the hospital to home was strange for me. but i had ashton, and somehow i felt totally okay.

-
-
-

tHIS IS SO TERRIBLY WRITTEN I APOLOGIZE

but hehehe you'll all hate me for the ending

i am satan

-gwen xo