chapter 7

September:
It's been seven months since they first met.

Taehyung still couldn't find the right words to describe the look in Jungkook's eyes when he randomly talks.

"Hyungie, I want to go to the old-age home."

Taehyung nodded, smiling. He could never say no to the younger, especially when he gave him those eyes he had named 'endearing.'

After meeting the elderly residents, the two of them sat on a bench in the park of the old-age home.

"Why did you plan to visit here today, Kook?" the elder asked.

"I do it on every birthday. I feel loved," the younger said with the eyes that Taehyung had named 'painfully beautiful.'

"Oh my God, Kook, today is your birthday. I'm extremely sorry. I... I didn't know that," the elder stood up from the bench, shocked and panicking.

"It's okay, hyung," Jungkook said, grabbing the elder's hand to pull him back down to sit again.

"Happy birthday, Koo. I'm really sorry not to know your date of birth," Taehyung said with guilt.

Jungkook laughed lightly with tears in his eyes, and Taehyung named it "glistening with anguish," another eye he despised.

"You're so cute, hyungie," Jungkook said with those eyes that Taehyung couldn't name, and he felt like going crazy not being able to put a name to them again.

"I'll make this up; I'll give you anything you want, ask for any gift," Taehyung said with hopeful eyes.

"Will you?" Jungkook jumped in excitement, with the eyes Taehyung named "exhilarating."

"Take me to a meadow with a waterfall, trees, and flowers," Jungkook demanded.

And as usual, Taehyung nodded, smiling.

Taehyung kept his promise, and the two of them went to a meadow with beautiful flowers. Taehyung saw all his eyes, except those three he despised.

It was a beautiful day with Jungkook jumping around, playing with yeontan and  rabbits ,  running in fields of lavender, while Taehyung watched him as if he meant the world to him. Well, it wasn't a lie.