🌊 | 9 - Give em hell, Giyuu | 💨

"Sanemi... Do you really think this will help?" Giyuu mumbled, his face bright red with embarrassment. Sanemi smirked in reply, part of him was enjoying seeing Giyuu so nervous about the day ahead of them.

"Trust me, this shit works. Rage rooms are such a vibe." He smiled widly, obviously thinking back on some past experiences in the so called "rage rooms". From what he'd heard, they were basically rooms where you can go in and smash anything you want; apparently some places give you a baseball bat before you go in. Giyuu shuddered a little, a tiny bit disturbed by Shinizugawa's affinity for beating things up.

Then, he thought about what the white-haired man had said.

"Trust me..."

"Mhm, okay then. Just know that I'm only agreeing to this because I have nothing else better to do to take my mind off things." Giyuu mumbled, the beginnings of a smile on his lips. Sanemi nodded triumphantly and, to Giyuu's surprise, grabbed his hand before leading him into the dark building infront of them.

...

Before he knew it, Giyuu was standing infront of a wall of mismatched ceramic plates.

His blue-tinged bangs were pushed back from his head by a clear visor, protecting his eyes from any debris. There was a strange determination in them that made Sanemi chuckle; he was really taking this whole thing seriously. Gripping his baseball bat with one hand, he cautiously swung it above it head and brought it crashing down into the rows of plates that had previously been neatly stacked up.

"That's the spirit Giyuu!" Sanemi yelled, before raising his own bat and bringing hell down on an unfortunate broken TV that was lying in the corner of the room. Soon, the small space was erupting with clatters, bangs and smashing noises as the pair of opposites worked together to beat the everloving shit out of their surroundings.

"AHAHA! I LOVE THIS SHIT!" Sanemi grinned widly as he threw a china mug onto the concrete floor, shattering it into thousands of pieces. Giyuu glanced over his shoulder at his companion with a few beads of sweat on his forehead. Even inside a rage room, the dark-haired boy couldn't help but feel his stomach flutter as his eyes grazed Sanemi's figure.

...

"Damn, I'm spent!" Sanemi stretched an arm behind his back and yawned widly, not bothering to cover his mouth. Giyuu glanced up at him and then back at the floor, feeling the need to avert his gaze for some reason. Sanemi noticed this and raised an eyebrow, studying the shorter boy's grim face.

"Hey, what are you making that face for Giyuu?" Sanemi's words sounded slightly accusatory... Giyuu sighed and sagged his shoulders.

"I'm sorry Sanemi, I'll try to stop frowning."

Sanemi rolled his eyes. "That's not what I meant, dumbass! I was asking you what's on your mind..."

A faint glitter of surprise shone within Giyuu's blue eyes, almost as if he wasn't expecting Sanemi to ask about how he was feeling.

"Oh! I um... It's nothing."

Sanemi's face fell a little as he realised what Giyuu was thinking. "It didn't help, did it? Smashing stuff."

Giyuu looked at the ground and slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry. I know don't know why but I still don't really feel anything. Even when I was watching you break shit in there I still didn't really feel any better."

The white-haired boy scoffed at his dejected tone. "You know this shit isn't gonna go away overnight, right? Don't go beating yourself up over not suddenly being all happy-go-lucky or whatever. God, you're so stupid..."

Giyuu's eyes sparkled.

He's not mad at me?

"Um, okay. I understand." He murmured, his eyes wide and voice soft.

I know Sanemi's tone sounds rough, but I don't think he means it...

What is this? Why do I feel so weird all of a sudden?

Giyuu gulped and watched intently as Sanemi began to walk away. With a flick of his wrist, he beckoned Giyuu to follow without looking back.

"Cmon, let's go home. I'm tired, and you need to rest aswell regardless of how you feel."

Blood thumped inside Giyuu's ears as he stood, shellshocked, unable to do anything but stare.

He's been looking out for me ever since we met...

Is it possible that Sanemi actually... likes me as a person?

I mean, why else would be be going through all this trouble for someone he just met?

No... I'm detestable. There's just no way he could actually want to be my friend.

"Um, Sanemi..." Giyuu swallowed and kicked at a stone on the floor. "You don't have to let me come home with you yknow. I understand if you need a break from me."

Sanemi turned around with an expression no short of bored on his face.

"Oh for gods sake, don't tell me you're doing this to me now."

"I- What?"

"I know what you're thinking, and I don't care. It doesn't make any difference to me whether or not you think you're annoying, I'm still not gonna let you go and hurt yourself. Besides, you're really not as much of a bother as you think you are... I like your company."

Giyuu wasn't certain, but as Sanemi said those last words, he was sure that he saw a faint blush dusted over his scarred cheeks.

A/N: These updates are so slow since I don't have a schedule lol, I just write this story when I want to so sorry if that's a bit annoying 😅

Hope you're enjoying the story so far!

937 words