Hawthorne's Crossing

Hawthorne's Crossing follows the journey of the head of department at Grey+Sloan Memorial, Penelope Hawthorne, whose perfectly planned life is turned upside down after finding herself in unexpected reunions with her biological family.

DR. PENELOPE HAWTHORNE

𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄: Penelope Venetia Hawthorne

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒: Nellie, Pippa, Penny, Poppy

𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘: June 11, 1987 (36 years old)

OCCUPATION: Attending General Surgeon, Department Head of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital

TITLE: Chief of General Surgery, M.D, F.A.C.S.

FAMILY:
Nicole Hawthorne (adoptive mother)
Joseph Hawthorne (adoptive father)
Ellis Grey (biological mother, deceased)
Richard Webber (biological father)
Catherine Fox (step-mother via Richard)
Aiden Joseph (son)
Alaina Hope (daughter)
Phoebe Hawthrone (twin sister)
Meredith Grey (maternal half-sister)
Maggie Pierce (sister)
Zola Shepherd (niece)
Derek Bailey Shepherd (nephew)
Ellis Shepherd (niece)
Derek Shepherd (brother-in-law)

SIGNIFICANT OTHER:
Jeremy Fatu (ex-fiancé)
Henry Rivera
Jackson Avery

The head of department at Grey+Sloan Memorial, Penelope Hawthorne is a young medical prodigy, as she is a graduate of Dartmouth College and a world-renowned Attending general surgeon. Hawthrone is a fast study at Seattle Grace Hospital (later Seattle Grace-Mercy West Hospital, and afterwards Grey+Sloan Memorial), entering residency and becoming a depended-upon ER regular, despite occasional disbelief by patients that she is a qualified doctor. Penelope is an ambitious hard worker. She is very passionate about her work and always advocates for herself, her patients and her staff. She decided to become a doctor as a young girl following in her adoptive parents' footsteps.

While acclimating to her new sisters and father, she must also deal with a new relationship that she has formed with Dr. Jackson Avery. Dr. Avery wants commitment especially after he discovers that she gave birth to his daughter, Alaina Hope, after their short stunt of being a friends-with-benefits relationship, she is still unsure if she can become close with someone else.