02. Sister, Sister

02. Sister, Sister

Jackson kept taking small glances over to Penelope and she noticed. She noticed because she was hoping he was not going to come over and have a conversation with her about Alaina in front of everyone in the room.

Their eyes met briefly and her breath hitched in that second. Jackson stands up and walks over to her.

"No," Penelope said, immediately as Jackson stood in front of her table.

"I just want to talk, Penelope," Jackson said.

His gaze was so soft and true which made her heart fluttered.

"Fine," Penelope said, letting Jackson take a seat next to her. "Talk," She added.

"It's about Alaina," Jackson said.

"What do you want to know?" She asked him.

"Everything," He answered and sighed softly.

Jackson gave her a smile that tinked Penelope's heart. Penelope bit her lip and she managed a smile.

Her smile turned genuine and her face lit up. "She was a cryptic pregnancy. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 34 weeks. She was born on November 11," She told him.

Jackson smiled.

"We have the same birthday," He said.

"Yeah," She said.

"Continue," He said, smiling.

"She's amazing. She's my mini-me. She looked so much like me as a baby, it's scary! She has my eyes and my cheeks — I had the droopy little cheeks. She's a mellow little girl, very friendly too. She is kindness and empathy personified. She loves to sing, dance, and act. She's obsessed with gymnastics at the moment. I've been thinking about putting her in gymnastics class but with my schedule, it's hard to do that," She told him about their daughter.

Jackson made a mental note to figure out a way to help Penelope get Alaina into gymnastics.

"Does Aiden enjoy being a big brother?" He asked.

"While he had some difficulty adjusting to his baby sister at first, he and Alaina are now very close," She answered.

At first, he was a little jealous. For two years-and-a-half he had all the attention and here is this other baby that comes in and now she's getting most of the attention. She nursed for about eight months so it was her and Alaina for a very long time. That was a little bit of an interesting transition, but now he loves his sister. He's an amazing help.

"I want to be an active and present father, Penelope," He said.

"Okay," She said.

"I want her to meet my mom and my daughter, Harriet," He said.

Penelope pulls a face. "You haven't even met her properly yet and you want to introduce her to your family," She said.

"Well, I have to before my mother finds out from someone else, and like I said I want to be an active and present father, which means she and her sister have to know each other if they are going to be around each other, Penelope," He told her.

"Fine but first you have to meet her before you bring anyone else around her," She said.

"Okay," He said.

Meanwhile, Maggie runs into Phoebe who she thinks is Penelope. "Hey, Dr. Hawthorne, I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me," Maggie asked the distracted Phoebe.

"Dr. Hawthorne," Maggie said, trying to get her attention.

Phoebe looks up from her phone and Maggie jumps back. "You're not Dr. Penelope Hawthrone," Maggie said.

"No, I'm her twin sister, Dr. Phoebe Hawthrone and you must be Maggie Pierce, the one who hired a private investigator to help her and Meredith Grey find their baby sister," Phoebe said.

Maggie is confused.

"How do you know all of that and how come is there two of you and we didn't know about you?" Maggie asked.

Phoebe shrugged.

"I have no idea but I do that if you're going to hire a private investigator make sure he doesn't accidentally tell the person that you're looking for them," Phoebe answered.

Maggie nods.

"Right so I have two baby sisters instead of one," Maggie said.

"Yup," Phoebe said.

"Does Penelope know that Meredith and I are her sisters?" Maggie asked.

"Nope," Phoebe answered.

"Are you going to tell her?" Maggie asked.

"Nope," Phoebe answered.

"Why not?" Maggie asked.

"You guys came looking for her so you have to tell her," Phoebe answered.

Maggie was stunned.

"Wow, okay," Maggie said.

"But it's best if you tell her about it while she's eating like bring her a red velvet cupcake or a nice meal," Phoebe said.

"Because it'll keep her from reacting too harshly?" Maggie asked.

"Yup," Phoebe answered.

Phoebe left after that and Maggie ran to Meredith's office. After a few minutes, there was a knock on Meredith's office's door. "Come in," Meredith called out.

Maggie opened the door. "Mer, we have a problem," Maggie said.

"What is it?" Meredith asked.

"Turns out our baby sister is a twin," Maggie revealed to Meredith, taking a seat.

Meredith's eyes widen.

"What?" Meredith asked, confused.

"I guess there must have been an error in the files but we completely missed that Penelope is a twin. She has a twin sister named Phoebe, who is also a doctor, by the way, and we should fire that private investigator for not telling us this piece of information," Maggie told Meredith.

"How do you know this if the private investigator didn't tell you this?" Meredith asked.

"Because Phoebe came here herself and told me this," Maggie answered.

"So does Penelope know since Phoebe knows?" Meredith asked.

Maggie shakes her head no.

"No, Phoebe decided to leave that to us," Maggie answered.

"So, what do we do now?" Meredith asked.

"Invite Penelope over for dinner and tell her," Maggie replied.