Chapter 7

Cato Pov:

The journey home doesn't take long. Usually, it would but both of us were still too stunned to speak. But I mean- who wouldn't be? When you find out that you're going to the Hunger Games. Of course, I'm proud. I get to represent my district, but that also means having odds against me of dying. Yes, I'm skilled with different types of weapons like swords and spears, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm good on an emotional level. I can't even begin to imagine what Iris is going through. 

We arrive at my house and by the time I reach my doorstep, Iris is out cold. So I just decided to carry her in. My parents are asleep so I could sneak her in no problemo. But just in case, I make a mental note to write a note to my parents and leave it on their door so they don't worry.

I carry her up to my room and place her gently, shifting her body so she would be comfortable. Is it just me or when people fall asleep they look a decade younger? She's so pretty I could stare at her for ages. But instead, I head to my bathroom and change into some more comfortable pants but I leave my shirt off because of the heat. Sneaking out of my room I go over to my parent's room with my notebook and scribble out a note:

Just a heads up, I told Iris that I'm going to be a tribute. She's not happy and fell asleep after our picnic so she is staying the night here. Please don't mention it to her. She is already as unhappy as it is. 

Thanks, Cato

I tear it out of my notebook and stick it under their door hoping they'll see it in the morning. Walking back to my room I feel a wave of tiredness rush over me. Iris was still sleeping on the bed when I walked in so I threw a blanket over her. 

That'll keep her warm.  I think to myself. But just to be sure I climb in the other side of the bed and lay next to her, wrapping my arm around her. I feel by eyes close by themselves and I fall asleep.

Hey ya'll, 

So as you might have noticed, I broke my promise and stopped posting on this book. That's cause I've been loosing motivation to keep writing this book. Something with me is that I'll start something that I'm really interested in and then I'll just drop it entirely once I get bored with it. Thats why I have so many un-published books but you guys can't see them. I'm gonna just post everything I've written on Thursday no matter what it is. If I get motivated to write something I'll write a chapter or so but maybe not. Also, I hardly have any free time anymore with all the sports I'm doing (3) and the only time I can write is in class. So as much as I love you all, I'm going on semi Hiatus. I'll post sometimes, and I'll be willing to have conversations and read books that you guys have written but other wise, I'll see you all soon.

:>,

Xena