Chapter 4: The Truth Will Make You Cry

• Dedicated to TO all my Fans that have stuck it out with me so far! you guys are the best :)

I guess Saturday morning seemed like any other day. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and my Dad called at Eleven, sharp. Because of the Six hour time-zone gap, he used to call me earlier, but I had to tell him Saturdays were for sleeping. Luckily he understood.

"Hey Madds, how's school? I was wondering if you were alive. I haven't got a call form your principle this week." He said half joking.

"Ha-ha laugh it up old man but I really do want to finish school. I know I haven't been really responsible, but if I focus on my work for these two months I graduate." I responded happily.

"Well, Madds I'm glad you've had a change of heart. I honestly am proud of you and consider my tickets to London bought."

"I'm gonna hold you up to that. So what have you been up to lately?"

"Well that's actually why I called you. There's something I got to tell you." He said excitement and nervousness.

I love when my Dad is enthusiastic and happy, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this news was going to make unhappy.

"I'm getting married!" He shouted in the phone.

"What?" I screamed with shocked horror. Unhappy was definitely the understatement of the century.

"When? With who? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I was in shock and what I really wanted to do was jump out my five-story room window.

"With Susan silly, who else? If I'd told you any earlier, you wouldn't be talking to an engaged man. I asked her this morning when we went out for breakfast. Obviously we haven't gotten any plans done yet, but were thinking around September after football camp." He finished proudly. I couldnt get my mout to spaek. In fact my brain to a quick trip to have a seesion with the school's psychiatrist. I assume my lack of response forced him to continue to talk. "Speaking of camp. Maddy so many things have changed. I cant wait for you to stop by, things are so different. " You're telling me, I almost exclaimed.

"Dad!" I Interrupted. "I'm happy because you're happy, just remember that, okay. I gotta go now. I love you,bye" I hung up almost in time to stop my voice from cracking.

            God, why do I feel like such a spoiled brat? My dad deserves to be happy with who ever he chooses. I have to be honest, if he's marring Susan I won't be around for long. I met her once, back in December for Christmas. They both came over here; although my dad had promised me that finally I could go over to Nevada for Christmas. His excuse was that Susan wanted to see London. I didn't really like her from then on. I don't dislike her because of that, but they had only been going out for a month when that happened. And already my dad was breaking promises. It just set off some alarms.

"Knock, knock!" A cheery old lady said outside my door. It must be Mrs. Berry. She actually fits her name well, she's an extremely sweet lady. She's the head mistress for the seniors, and we get away with everything. I opened the door and surprise and shock washed over my face. I was right about it being Mrs.Berry, but it was who was with her that completely shocked me.

"Hello Mrs. Berry. Zac what are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

Mrs. Berry interrupted loudly.

"I found this one down in the lobby. He was passing by to say hello. Dare I say I barely recognized him but that Australian accent gave him away. He asked if he could come up and say hello. I normally don't break the rules, but I thought this one time I would. I knew how good of friend you two were." She gave us a knowing look and went to close the door behind her. Everyone in our school knew that we were the it couple, even staff. It wasn't because of popularity. It was more of a longing to have what we had, not many 9th graders were in love like we truly were at the time, but the concept of being in love was ideal to them.