Chapter 7: The Pending Punishment

• Dedicated to To all my Amazing Fans and readers!!

After the game everyone hit the showers. Trish and I quickly ran to the car to get a change of clothes. We showered in the girl's locker room. After we finished showering we towel dried our hair and threw some quick make-up on, and went for the door. Just when we were leaving the locker room all the cheerleaders walked in. We got a couple dirty looks and some admiring smiles. Veronica made sure I noticed her glaring at me. Trish and I just laughed. 

The whole football team was waiting outside in the parking lot for us. When they noticed us coming out of the locker room they cheered.

"By the way, Veronica is Aiden's Ex." Trish said carelessly over her shoulder.

"Are you serious?" I laughed in disbelief.

"Yes darling, and her trashy butt got dumped for being a two timer." Trish said in disgust while continuing."Out of all the lows Veronica has hit, that was one of the lowest. Aiden was destroyed, but it seems to me like he's getting over it now." I looked in Aiden's direction and he was looking at us.

"What? Their break up was recent?" I asked a little unsure about the situation.

"Yeah, maybe like a month ago. It wasn't a pretty ending. They were dating since last summer. I felt so bad for him. " She frowned at the memory.

"Wow..." Was all I could get myself to say. I had managed to forget, but it all hit me like a wave. All the feelings of my break-up started to come back up. The hurt , the anger, I took a deep breath to fight back the same feelings. I felt like maybe I was taking things way to fast right no. I really needed some more time alone to sort out all these feelings. I guess seeing Aiden again made me forget for a while, but I don't have to search hard to find the pain. I guess it's still a bit soon.

"Maddy are you okay?" Trish looked at me concerned. I nodded my head trying to fight back the tears. If I didn't get out of here quick I was going to have a complete melt down. Why couldn't I just get over it? Then again any girl that ever had her heart broken would tell you, you don't just get over it in two days.

"Can you drive me house? I suddenly don't feel so good?" I asked quietly.

"Sure Hon, whatever you need!" She told me to wait for her by the car. She walked up to the crowed of guys that were still waiting for us.

"Hey guys, Maddy isn't feeling too good, I think the flight wiped her out. I'm going to take her home. You guys can still go on without us though." She smiled. All the guys groaned in unison.

"No way, Maddy basically won this game!" Derek protested sadly.

"Hang on, I'll handle this" Aiden said.

I saw Aiden jogging towards the car, and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Please keep it together, please keep it together.

"Hey Mads, Trish said you're not feeling good, is everything okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just tired, I landed like two hours ago and I haven't really gotten any sleep." I lied. He starred at me for a moment, and I could tell he knew I was lying. Aiden had always known when I was lying, it was a gift and a freaking curse for me. I just wanted to go home. I wanted to cry my eyes out with a bucket of ice cream, while I watched Titanic. Was that to much to ask? It was weird, but when Aden was close I felt a little better.

"Alright." he said a little disappointed.

"You still owe me lunch!" I said teasing.

"I guess I do." He said laughing.

Trish gave a quick kiss to Derek and jumped in the car. She turned the ignition on and started to back out of the parking space. The guys waved as Trish honked as we zoomed out of the parking. The couple blocks we drove were in silence. We stopped in front of a house that I had never seen and she turned off her car. I know I had been gone for a long time, but I knew for a fact that this wasn't my house.