Chapter 18: The Consequential Solution

Maddy's P.O.V

I heard my Dad come through the door, and I smiled. My face dropped when he slammed the door, and charged to the kitchen. He was steaming mad. I could only remember a couple times when he was this mad. One of the times was when I was six. I could honestly say that, that had been all Aiden's fault.

We were at his house around Christmas time. His mother had told him it was to cold outside to play. Aiden got the bright Idea to bring outside, inside. We went to the basement and got some sand buckets and brought loads and loads of snow inside the house. His room's floor was covered in slush and quickly turning into water. His mother was busy in her office which happen to be under Aiden's room.

We'd heard the commotion downstairs and ran to her office. Aiden's mom was complaining to his Dad. I watched in horror as the water split down the walls. Eventually, they found out what had happened and called my dad to take me home. He yelled at me for what felt like hours.

I was mad at Aiden for days after my Dad grounded me and postponed my present opening until January. I thought it was harsh, but now that I think of it we were really dumb. I laughed at the memory. The jars inside the door of the refrigerator clanged together when my Dad snatched open the refrigerator. I quickly snapped out of memory lane. I got up from the couch and limped on my foot lightly to the kitchen.

"Dad, What happened?" I asked a little worried.

"They canceled our game!" He said extremely upset.

"They what? Why!" I exclaimed

"They said that the riot that broke out afterward on Friday was unacceptable. They're punishment was to cancel the last game." He said frustrated. He grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator and then threw it back in. Yeah he was definitely mad. The only time he did things and then undid them was when he was pissed.

"What riot?" I said confused. He looked at me in confusion.

"The kids didn't tell you?" He asked cautiously.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" I exclaimed. Now I upset. Why hadn't any of them told me about this...this riot. He sighed.

"What I was told, was that after Aiden saw you unconscious on the floor, he blanked out. He ran after Rettler and some of the team members from our school didn't know what was going on, They thought that Aiden was just beating up on Rettler. So they went to get Aiden off and things got out of hand. The night ended in cops and ambulances everywhere. Most of them got pretty banged up, and cops came a cuffed a lot of them." He said in angered disappointment.

"This happened because of me?" I said clearly upset.

"No Maddy. This had nothing to do with you. This was a lot of people making bad decision. You have no fault in the riot that occurred, and you have no fault in what that idiot did to you." He exclaimed.

"Dad, I underestimated Rettler. I should have just backed off from the beginning. Wait the cops came?"