Tigry x Rash {Free}

Tigry P.O.V.:

I sat nearby the oil refinery, genuinely wondering if I should go through with my plan of running away from the T.S.P. I stared at everything but the building itself. The stars, the woods, the ground, even the creepy eyes staring at me from the edge of the woods.

"Wait what." I said out loud, as I turned back to look at the eyes again. But they were gone. I get up from leaning against the fence and I look all over, confused. I set my black backpack down and I walked to the spot where I saw the eyes. It was dead quiet until I heard rustling in a bush. I gripped onto one of my daggers and I slowly made my way over. I looked down at the bush, but now everything is silent again, and nothing is in or around the bush. Nothing that could make noise that is. I stand up straight again, getting out of the weird crouching position I was sneaking to the bush in. I turn around and then I jump backwards, after I see Rash inches away from my face. 

"Hey there! What are you doing!" Rash smiled at me and I put my daggers down. I rolled my eyes at him and went to go put my dagger away. He followed close behind as I grabbed my backpack up off the dirt and dusted it off. "At least tell me why you're out here, you know, in the middle of the night looking like some creepy stalker you meet in an alleyway!" I sighed and then turned to him once he was done talking.

"Rash, listen. You know Willow. She's never really been the nicest, but she is tough." I pause and look into his eyes. "It's nothing against her, it's just me. It's just that I never really knew what I was getting into when she helped me in the beginning of the infection. I never knew-" I cut myself off, thinking about all the horrible things that I did, for her. She wanted revenge and I just went with it because I cared about what she thought of me. I just look at the ground, not even wanting to look him in the eyes right now. 

"Tigry. After she brought you here, you have been trying to be the strongest- no actually, second strongest person. You did everything she asked, and she hasn't been really, listening to any of us. I think I know where you're going with this." Rash looks at me and then takes my hands. "If it's any help to you, I'll make sure that she's distracted in the morning to give you a bit to run away." He smiles at me as I look back at him. 

"Don't...you want to come with me? You know how she's been acting." Holding onto his hands, I look at him and then back at the oil refinery. "Don't you want to get away from all this? I'm sure we can find another survivor group, or even join Pony's! I'm sure he would-"

"Tigry, listen to me." He looks at the oil refinery too, this time, more specifically at Willow's bedroom window that was covered with a black curtain. "I would love to come with you, but I can't. Even with how stressed she is right now, and how bad she's acting, and I kinda think she's losing it here." He whispered that the last part like it was a secret just between us. I laugh a bit as he continues. "This is my home. At least, I don't feel like I should leave. It doesn't feel right." He let go of my hands and looked away from me. 

"Rash...Are you sure you want to do this? To stay here? It's toxic for you.." I said to him, wanting to hold his hands again. I felt like I didn't want to let him go. He stepped away from me. 

"I know. But I also hope that it will get better." Rash smiles at me a bit, but it's not a real smile. It's a fake comfort smile. I smile back to try and make him feel a little better. I didn't want to leave him here, but, he insists. I hugged him tightly. I felt him tense up before he hugged me back. I felt him truly smile before we both pulled away. We spent just a few seconds looking at each other before we heard a noise in the refinery. Someone was awake, and it looks like they noticed we were gone. I look at Rash one last time before he motions for me to run. I let go of him and then I started running into the woods to escape. I turn back one final time and I see him running back to the refinery.