Chapter 9: Words and the Bees

Ogggghhh how longs it beeennn?? Sorry it took me so long, I've been holding off on this because or the fact it wasn't immediately a masterpiece xbbb

Anyways, hope the wait was worth it, although I'm not fully sure it was lol

–lol–

It's been forever and Sledger's getting bored now. 

He's probably been abandoned. Cool.

Maybe he's being overdramatic? He doesn't know.

Anyways, this place kind of sucks. Too much noise, and it's not like he can listen in on any gossip from any of the other tables. Everyone's voice melts into one indecipherable mess.

Hell, who knows when the next weirdos gonna come up to him and attack him, either verbally or physically. Sledger really doesn't want to play the part of 'sitting duck'.

So, he gets up.

Sledger decides that he could probably try working his way back to Medic's office. She was the least weird one here, and that's saying something. At least she probably wouldn't mull his face off… probably.

With his head bowed low, Sledger sticks to the walls of the cafeteria as he makes his not-so-grand escape. The cafeteria door squeaks as he opens it, but none of the other towers can hear it over their own chatter, thankfully for him.

–lol–

Sledger's trying his damnedest to lay low, he really is. He's had to jump into supply closets at least twice now, almost locking himself in one. Luckily he didn't, surprisingly.

Ugh… it feels like he's been looking in the same place forever.

He recognizes that coffee stain on the wall.. but he shouldn't.. right? He couldn't have possibly been going in circles for the last thirty minutes.

Oh god, he has been walking in circles for the last thirty minutes.

Alright, new plan he can uh.. go down this hall.. yeah. That.

–lol–

He's still walking down these stupid hallways before he recognizes something.

The barracks!

He knows where Mortar's room is, but of course- he doesn't want to bother the poor guy, especially after insulting the guy..  Maybe he could just hang around and wait for him and Mortar could point him towards Medic's? Yeah, that's a plan.

-and thus minutes pass, and then even more minutes, which leads to even more minutes-

"Damnit."

Sledger's getting impatient, it's not like he wanted to bother the guy too much, just get some directions and be on his merry way. 

So, he decides on the next best thing. Which barracks was Toxic's…? His eyes catch on the door full of pastel decor, was that really his? He had thought of Toxic-gunner as a more macho guy.

Oh well, he'll try his luck, even if this one isn't Toxic's, surely it'll have to belong to someone nice, right..? That's what the cutesy little bunny and bee decals are telling him.

He approaches the door, and after a moment of hesitation(and also trying to find a bare spot on the door as to not knock down anything), he knocks. It's a quiet knock, not one with much force, which is surprising considering his impatience.

The lack of an answer leads his agitation to grow, of course, Toxic was probably training or something, or he didn't have the right room at all. Oh well, he tried, now it's time to walk in circles for the next hour.