Chapter 31 | Seance

Shibuya City...

Just outside the veil itself, Takuma, Yuji, and Megumi are currently standing in a zebra crossing, as Megumi's Shikigami are eating any transfigured people nearby. Yuji, on the other hand, is winding up a punch to the veil. The brownish-blondish-haired boy punches the veil, causing it to vibrate intensely.

"No good. It's not budging at all." Yuji said, slightly frowning. Takuma was surprised to see the force of the punch of Yuji's.

Takuma sweatdrops from this "W-Well, that was some decent force." he stammered ever so slightly. "Is this guy for real?! He could give Nanami-san a run for his money in terms of physical blows. Though I suppose that's why..." Takuma thinks to himself.

"It's a rather sturdy veil. We'll have to search for its weak point and put a hole in it, even if it's only for a second. We can't get anywhere without getting inside first." Megumi informs.

In the meantime, Yuji is knocking out whatever curses or transfigured humans are nearby. This is allowing Megumi's demon dogs to eat them, therefore exorcising them in the process. "Huh? Why not?" Yuji asked.

"Why not? Listen, this is a veil to keep sorcerers out. It's a barrier. Barriers are all designed to surround you and protect you, right? Which fundamentally means that whoever lowered this veil is inside it." Takuma informs.

"But back in Harajuku..." Yuji says offhandedly in response.

"I see! So staying outside the veil instead of surrounding themselves with it increases the risk of being discovered and defeated, thereby raising the strength of the veil. It's a real egg of Columbus's idea." Takuma says, placing a hand on his chin in deep thought.

"Egg?" Yuji asked.

"Though, man, they're completely ignoring the fundamentals of barriers! What a crazy idea! Now I can see why the barrier didn't break from Yuji's earlier blow." Takuma states

"If that's the logic, the veil's source should be somewhere that really stands out, right?" Megumi asked.

"By increasing the risk of discovery, they're further increasing its strength, then?" Takuma responds.

"Somewhere that stands out?" Yuji asks out loud. The trio began to look toward the tallest building they could find. Which was the Shibuya Central Tower.

(Meanwhile, Satoshi)

Satoshi was drenched in blood, standing across the group of cursed spirits and Pseudo-Geto, staring at them while smirking. He had just wrapped up, raising his power, as the debris that was lifted started to fall back into place under the command of the white-haired being.

The group of curses was paralyzed in fear. On the other hand, Pseudo-Geto had something in store for Satoshi to buy themselves time for the sealing process to be completed, while the other curse spirits could potentially escape.

Satoshi lazily fired off multiple cursed energy beams at the group, which they just barely managed to avoid. Mahito couldn't escape unscathed, as his right arm and left leg were blown off. It was then that the blue-haired curse spirit realized, "He's removing part of my soul! Not only that, he's cleansing it and absorbing it for himself. I need to run! I'll die at this rate."

Satoshi crossed his arms together, laughing at the group. Jogo, Choso, and Dagon backed up a little, unsure of how to approach this situation. "Well done. I applaud your swift withdrawal. But that was me just saying hello." Satoshi mockingly informed himself, laughing to himself.

"Even a worthless "monkey" could be capable of that. Ah, the look on your face, "Suguru." I'm guessing you really had no idea of the depths of my power; I'm not even close to using half of my power." Satoshi revealed, intending to annoy Pseudo-Geto as much as he could. He realized this man could be the biggest threat and wanted to mentally break him before he bothered to engage with him.