Chapter 34 | The Puppet of Carnage

Shibuya Station...

Dagon is fighting against Naobito, Maki, and Namami. He was just attacked by Naobito, which forced him to shed his skin, causing the squid-like curse to reveal his evolved form.

Dagon immediately creates a sphere of water that emerges from his fingertip, which causes Naobito to react by assuming a defensive stance. Dagon then generated a gigantic current of water, which nearly overwhelmed Maki. The teenage girl stabbed her spear into one of the nearby pillars, standing on it to avoid the massive volume of water.

"There's so much!" Maki exclaimed. She was trying her best to balance herself on her staff as she started observing, "Megumi's Max Elephant doesn't even come close! If we were underground, that would've been game over."

Naobito, on the other hand, was able to get rid of the water by trapping it inside frames using his cursed technique, only to gain Dagon's attention by calling to him, "Hey, cursed spirit. Do you know how many frames are in one second of an animated sequence?" Naobito asked.

Dagon, somewhat annoyed, responds, "My name is not cursed spirit."

Naobito ignores the response by continuing his explanation. "These days, it's all about resolution and wanting to increase frame rate."

Dagon, in turn, ignores Naobito's response, "My name is Dagon. Hanami, Jogo, and Mahito."

"4K this and 60FPS that." Naobito said.

The Cursed Spirit and the Elderly Man were having two complete conversations with each other at this point as the pair began to shout at each other.

"We all bear names!" Dagon shouted while Naobito shouted, "Don't you find it so unrefined?!"

Nanami decided to use this distraction to get directly above Dagon, striking the spirit with his Ratio Technique. He struck downwards with his blunt sword on Dagon, and the curse responded by blocking with his forearm. It took a moment, but Nanami's cursed technique successfully took effect, sending Dagon crashing back to the ground using a critical hit.

Maki immediately attempted to follow it up by slashing her spear towards Dagon's head, but the cursed spirit grabbed it. Before he was able to respond, Naobito touched Dagon, which allowed him to trap Dagon inside the frame again.

This allowed Nanami to dive down on top of the curse and strike him through the frame. This time, Dagon blocked Nanami's strike, shielding himself with water, repelling the critical hit, and frustrating Nanami in the process. A cylinder-like water shield floated in a circle around Dagon, protecting him.

Nanami took a moment to observe this. "No damage...or rather, it feels like it has boundless HP."

Naobito decided to comment, "Even two Grade One Sorcerers aren't enough to exorcise you, huh? What a turbulent time we live in..." Smirking at Dagon.

"Damn it! If the geezer hadn't used his cursed technique just now...I would've been killed. How humiliating!" Maki thought to herself, lamenting herself for having to be saved by Naobito of all people.

Amused, Naobito playfully slapped the shield of water as he asked, "A shield of water, huh? Can you pull off multiple strong attacks simultaneously?"

"You have massive amounts of cursed energy, and I bet you still have other cursed techniques up your sleeve. Then what to do? Easy before your techniques..." Naobito says asays thise trio begins to ready prepare stances.

"We'll crush you with speed!" Naobito declared. Then the sorcerer trio struck in unison attempting to overwhelm the curse before he could even activate any techniques.