Chapter 44 | A Cog's fever

Moments later, with Megumi & Panda...

Megumi, determined to convince Hoshi to help talk to Hakari much smoother, summoned Rabbit Escape to flood the roof with numerous rabbit shikigami. This was a smart move in an attempt to navigate Hoshi's cursed technique.

While the horde of rabbits emerged, something caught Megumi's eye. He noticed some writing on the rabbits. Megumi silently commented, "Acrux?!" He immediately turned to face his right side, writing on the wall next to the monitoring room next to him, "Gacrux!!" The spiky-haired teen silently pointed out.

Hoshi was rather surprised to see the number of rabbits that suddenly emerged to surround them. Hoshi observed, "There's a crazy amount...I wonder what he's planning. My cursed technique marks cursed energy. So Shikigami are treated exactly the same way as the user."

Megumi suddenly dispelled Rabbit Escape before this happened

Megumi suddenly dispelled Rabbit Escape before this happened. Turning to Panda, Megumi shouted to his friend to ask, "Panda-senpai! What do you think of my Rabbit Escape?!"

"It was soooo cute! Second only to me!!" Panda jokingly commented.

Megumi, peeved, told Panda, "I'm asking you about what they could and couldn't get closer to!!"

Panda then replied, "They were able to approach me and the second floor! But they couldn't get to Kirara and the door of the monitoring room!!"

"Is there a ★ mark and a name somewhere on your body!?" Megumi asked.

Panda blurted out "Eh? Ah?!" Our lovable friend checked his bottom only to find an "★Imai".

Megumi also decided to check his body. "It should be somewhere on me as well..." he silently commented.

"Imai?! It says Imai!!" Panda shouted to confirm with Megumi.

Megumi rolled up his sleeves to find nothing, and then checking his lower abdomen, he found an "★Acrux" on him. "Found it!!" Megumi shouted. He then observed, "It's the same "Acrux" that was marked on the rabbit escape!!"

Megumi, based on the information gathered, assumed, "There must be one marked on Divine Dog as well. I don't exactly understand it right now, but for the moment..." He then shouted to Panda to confirm, "I've got it!! This cursed technique is based on the constellation!!"

Hoshi was surprised, confirming in their head "That much can be understood by people who are knowledgeable about stars."

"Constellation?" Panda blurted out, tumbling around the floor.

"The motif of the constellation is the southern cross." Megumi revealed.

Megumi looked to observe Hoshi's face, noticing that their shocked faces had given away that his assumption was correct. Slapping their faces, Hoshi blurted out, "Shit!!" They realized the problem. "Both of our facial expressions gave it away!!"