Backstory

Ive always lived in the ocean my entire life. Ive never, ever seen the surface world. Ive always been taught to avoid it.. My Mother, a great aquatic queen, taught me everything i know. I cant speak much of the other monsters language, though, i think its called engrish?

"Reinar.." She called, suddenly.

" हो आमा ? (Yes Mother?)"

" मैले केहि लुकाएको छु, प्रिय। म मर्दै छु, र .. म धेरै दिन बाँच्न सक्दिन।(I.. have been hiding something, honey. I have been dying, and.. i wont be able to live much longer.)"

"What do you mean, Mother? I cant rule Abyssania yet.."

"I know.. thats why im asking you.. to live on the surface. I have a new person to lead.. as a president instead of a Monarch.."

"But we cant communicate well in their main language!.."

"I know. Im hoping you will learn.. On the next Crescent Moon, you must swim up the whole way up, and leave the ocean. Start a new life.. For me, please."

"Okay, mama.. i love you."

"I love you.. (Cough), too."

I never could live up on the surface! Those monsters are scary. Whenever i go up, i have to avoid nets and spears. I see them battling all the time with their fancy magic and swords. I dont want to fight!

I slowly swim up to a small deposit of water by a dumpster, and lift my head up above the water, looking up at the stars.

"I guess ill have to be up here.. Tommorow." I said to myself, in my own language as I depart back to the bottom of the sea..

I didnt know a masked man near a dumpster wouldve heard me. And later........... me.