Chapter Eleven

Well folks that's how I died again........ Nah, don't believe it, I woke up in the infirmary 4 hours later.

After I passed out, Harry got up the courage and cast the levitation spell on the mallet and dropped it on its head, knocking the thing unconscious. The teachers arrived shortly afterward on the tip-off from a prefect, who had found Hermione all wet and in shock.

Harry and Malfoy recounted everything that happened in full detail. They gave us 10 points for our bravery and took away 5. Hermione on the other hand, after coming out of shock told the teacher her version and if.... as some people thought, the girl blamed me for everything, she said that I had made fun of her and that I had gone to look for trouble again. To top it all off according to her, when I found out she was crying in the bathroom, despite her tears and pleading, I led the troll to attack her.

Can you believe it, I was just saving her. Of course, her version was not credible as Dean said that he was the one who said that and Neville pleaded my innocence, saying that I would never dare to mock someone. Some teachers like Professor Flitwick and... you won't believe this, but Professor Snape defended me, although his words were like I was too stupid to do something like that.

'Well, it's the thought that counts.'

So I came out innocent. While I was in the infirmary, my brothers came to see me. Fred and George found out what Hermione said, and they made some pranks on her, Percy the goody-two-shoes was looking for ways to catch her breaking the rules and take points off her. He took 5 points off for taking out a book and not returning it.

Naturally, my parents found out, Mum sent me a 4-page letter of scolding, Dad on the other hand congratulated me on my bravery and sent me a rubber ducky from the muggle world. Bill sent me chocolate frogs and Charlie sent me 3 dragon scales which I made into a necklace, one I gave to Harry and one I kept for myself.

I think Harry was touched, and I understood that no one had ever given him anything in good faith.

Much to my dismay, November began, and the weather became very cold. The mountains near the school turned an icy gray, and the lake looked like frozen steel. Every morning, the grassland appeared covered in frost. Through the windows above, Hagrid could be seen thawing brooms on the Quidditch pitch, clad in a huge moleskin coat, rabbit fur gloves, and huge beaver fur boots.

'I don't think the people in favor of animal rights would be very happy about that.'

This Saturday will be my first match after weeks of exhausting training, we will be playing against Slytherin. Woods had decided that no one would see us play except him, as in his words we would be his secret weapons.

Despite his tactics, though, the news leaked out, and the students had various opinions on how we would do it. Malfoy was strangely quiet and Harry looked as if he was going to have a fit at any moment as Hermione wasn't around and wasn't friendly I sort of took over her role, helped him with his homework, gave him the book Quidditch Through the Ages which turned out to be, in his words, a very interesting book.

I told him not to take the book out of the castle, I didn't want Snape to take points from us. That didn't stop Harry from noticing Snape's limp and the night before sneaking into the staff room and listening to Snape complain about the three-headed dog to Filch.

- "Do you know what he means?" - He'd gossiped breathlessly, - "That he tried to get past the three-headed dog on Halloween! He was going to get whatever they've got stashed there! And I bet my broom it was him who let the monster in, to distract attention!"

- "You'll lose it." - He gave me a puzzled look. - "Harry, not everything is what you think Snape.... Well, it's not all bad."

- "Of course, it is," - He rebutted, - "He must have tried to steal what was under the dog."

- "I don't think he would do that under Dumbledore's nose." - And with that comment, I closed the subject, Harry was getting a bit stubborn when we talked about Snape and there was no winning him over, so we'd better make peace.