Chapter 6: A Seat at the Table

Jimin's POV

Jimin sat in his room texting Taehyung as he sat on the bed of his bedroom. Taehyung was he was out on a mission with Hoseok and Jin because he was bored and didn't really have anything planned for the rest of the day. A knock on his door made him come out of his daze as he looked up. Jungkook stood there, leaning up against the door frame.

"What's up?" Jimin asked casually as he threw his phone down. Jungkook let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through his hair. For some reason, Jungkook seemed to be nervous. Knowing that boy for so long, Jimin could read him like a book. He knew something was off but didn't know if it was in a good way or a bad way. He then asked a sudden question which completely threw Jimin off guard.

"You want to invite her to dinner with all of us?" He repeated, making sure he heard the leader's words correctly. Jungkook hesitated but eventually nodded. In their line of work, this trust was precious and allowing an outsider into their inner sanctum was rare.

"You know this is a big deal right? No one has ever sat with us besides some of our family members and maybe a few friends, for those of us who still have some." Even Jimin, who was on Y/N's side, was still a little nervous. He was nervous for her. She hasn't really hung around the other members so he doesn't know how they would act around her.

"I know Jimin. But... she's different. We have to start somewhere." Jungkook left without another word, which seemed to be his new signature these days. Once he left, Jimin immediately got up from his bed before running to Y/N's room to tell her the news.

————————

Y/N's POV

When Jimin told me the news of the invitation later that mid afternoon, I was surprised. I felt a mixture of excitement but also a tinge of nervousness. The thought of sitting down for dinner with all the other members was thrilling but also terrifying. I haven't really interacted with the others, so I wasn't really sure how they felt about me. I've only was ever around Taehyung, Jimin or Jungkook. Jimin smiled at me as he saw my eyes look ever but him. I wasn't sure how to take in this information.

"Don't worry Y/N. Jungkook wouldn't have invited you if he didn't think it was the right thing to do. He just wants the other members to get to know you better. Just be yourself and you'll be fine." He said, trying to comfort me and my nerves. I simply nodded, not knowing what else to say.

"I'll leave you for you to get ready." He said, still smiling in victory as he left the room.

I had a few hours until dinner. It was around 3:30 in the afternoon and dinner wouldn't be served until 6:00pm. My first order of business was choosing an outfit, one that would be charming but also respectful. I settled into a simple yet elegant looking black dress, complimenting my the color of my eyes and the curves of my hips. I only put some lip gloss on and some blush because we were only eating here in the hideout so it wasn't like we were going anywhere fancy.

Eventually, it was 5:55pm and Jungkook arrived a little bit early to take me downstairs. He looked at me for a few moments, scanning me up and down before smirking. I rolled my eyes as he offered me his hand.

The delicious smell came through as I walked down the stairs. You could see Jin cooking since the stairs was right next to them. The members were talking amongst themselves while Yoongi sat towards the end of the table. Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin sat on one side. The other side of the table was Yoongi and two empty spots for Jungkook and I and then another seat at the head at the table for Jin.

Namjoon and Hoseok seems to be engaged in discussion about a recent movie they just saw, Taehyung and Jimin were in hushed deep conversation, so I couldn't tell what they were really talking about. But when Jimin sensed that Jungkook and I were in the room, he looked up with a smile and waved towards me.