Chapter 3 - A Fresh Connection

After Jung Hoseok's abrupt departure and the subsequent whirlwind of emotions, Kim Dan found himself navigating a tempest of feelings. While he was openly gay and proud of his identity, the heartbreak he now faced was an unexpected storm that had swept through his life. The memories of his time with Jung Hoseok were both a solace and a torment, reminding  him of warmth and connection he yearned for.

Alone in his apartment, Kim Dan's life echoed with silence, a stark contrast to the laughter and shared moments he'd once enjoyed. The absence of his ex-boyfriend left a void that felt impossible to fill. In his loneliness, he sought solace in his circle of friends, sharing his heartache and finding comfort in their words.

They offered reassurance, assuring him that he wasn't alone in his pain, and encouraged him to process his emotions and work toward healing. Their support was a lifeline during a tumultuous period.

One evening, while grappling with the ache of solitude, Kim Dan found himself scrolling through a dating app. He contemplated the possibility of connecting with new people, though he wasn't sure if he was ready for another relationship. He longed for companionship and conversation, prompting him to create a thoughtful and genuine profile.

As he navigated through profiles, one in particular caught his attention - a profile belonging to a guy named Jin Ho. Jin Ho's profile exuded a shared love for cats, food, and video games, an intriguing combination. Kim Dan decided to send a friendly message, with no specific expectations, but an openness to casual conversation.

To his surprise, Jin Ho responded with enthusiasm. Their conversation flowed effortlessly, and they discovered common interests and experiences. They exchanged stories, video game tips, and even shared their favorite cat videos. In Jin Ho, Kim Dan felt the stirrings of a new connection, a companionship that he had missed since Jung Hoseok's departure.

The story continues as Kim Dan's life takes new turns, exploring the possibilities of building a fresh connection with Jin Ho while coming to terms with the remnants of his previous relationship.