251 | Sunday Offering

THE WHITE UNIFORM STARTED cheering in excitement while the brotherhoods rolled their eyes at how pathetic this all was. The Sunday Offering was one of the many ways where a division can flaunt their status, inside and outside the walls of St. George. But other than being able to show people how rich you are, this is also a great way to get merit points, which is very important to the brotherhood houses in general.

     "Great, another event where the gaffers can easily dominate," Xander complains, making Stefan and even Keigo nod in agreement.

     Vesper, who was now surprisingly sitting beside them, looks at Max and jokingly tells him, "Hey, since you're so eager to help this division, why not donate millions of euros? I bet those gaffers wouldn't be able to top whatever you're about to offer."

     "Yeah, that would be funny," Keigo comments while laughing at the thought of it. He knew Max wouldn't do such a reckless thing, but when the four of them turned to look at the young heir, they were surprised to see how serious he was.

     This was a look that meant Max had an unpredictable plan up his sleeves.

     "W-Wait...don't tell me—" Vesper got caught off when the Beta Society arrived, carrying what seemed to be an ATM machine. They placed it in the middle aisle of the atrium, just in front of the brotherhoods. When the machine is now wired up, the mysterious Archbishop, who Max is still very cautious of, walks down the stage to stand beside the said machine.

     "The amount that you will offer depends on you, and the church will graciously accept them regardless. But as you all know, the Division that will have the highest offering will receive 10,000 merit points, while the second highest will receive 5,000 MP, which will be equally distributed to all the white uniforms of your division. I hope you all keep that in mind," the nun explains, which honestly surprised Max because he wasn't expecting how large the number of merit points was.

     "Now, Gaffers Division, you may begin by handing over your offerings," the nun—who was the acting host for the event—says, instantly making the gaffers stand from their bleachers so they could go down to give their supposed donations.

     The large LED screen in the middle of the atrium turned on and showed the symbol for the Gaffers Division and the collective amount of money that they'll be able to hand over once it's finished.

      The members of the Ministry had wide smiles on their faces as the white uniforms lined up and walked towards the machine, tapping their student number on the scanner and putting their desired amount, which would flash on the LED screen for everyone to see. The archbishop thanked them one by one as the total number on the screen grew at an insanely rapid pace.

     € 20,000

     € 70,500

     € 120,550

     € 150,780

     € 200,850

     The dwellers, especially the serfs, stared at the screen with their mouths wide in shock. This was something that they were already used to, but for some reason, the donations today were bigger. It's almost like they were trying to show everyone why they're the gaffer's division.

     "Look at all that money," Vesper says before giving out a whistle. "When I spend at least a hundred dollars, I already feel like I'd be broke for life. But these bastards are just donating thousands of euros like it's nothing."

     "I heard from Uchdryd that a gaffer once donated five million," Max then revealed, instantly making Keigo look at him with his eyes wide in shock. The serfs couldn't help but start talking amongst each other while Max continued to stare at the Archbishop, who continued to thank his generous students for their offerings. The Archbishop was tall and looked around 80 or maybe even 75 years old if we're being nice. He was already holding onto his crosier like it was a cane, but you could still see the fire in his eyes. He was like an old man who would suddenly start doing backflips if the situation demanded it. He was definitely someone who was hiding his true self.