One Sunny Morning(1)

Dipper POV

The sound of birds chirping at each other somewhere close above me crept into my dreams, slightly tugging on my unconscious mind. Sunlight growing just outside my closed eyelids had the same effect.

I groaned and sleepily pulled the brim of my hat down to block it out, turning inwards the figure I was sleeping against.

A low toned chuckle reverberated through my body and mind, along with the realization that the figure I was sleeping on was not the same triangle shaped statue half buried in dirt with an arm outstretched and a top hat, shocked me into the waking world.

My body responded to the dose of adrenaline, scrambling clumsily a foot or two away from the person on tired limbs. I ripped my hat off my eyes to see my new surroundings, getting assaulted by the bright sunlight in the process.

To my bleary eyes the honey toned man in front of me was literally glowing. He was relaxed, smiling even, leaning back on both his hands with his legs stretched out to the side crossed at the ankles. His smile drew my attention back to his face, it was wide and curled lazily at the corners, up turning the corner of his eye I could see that wasn't draped under blonde messy hair. He laughed again this time louder and I could only stare at him more confused.

"If you're leaving so soon you might need this." He leaned all his weight to one hand and with the other lifted a familiar backpack from behind him, my backpack.

The introduction of something new, honestly something real because there was a small chance I was still sleeping, snapped me back to myself. I checked our surroundings, we were still in the same clearing I had fallen asleep in just a few hours ago, but...

The statue is missing.

Gone and not even a blade of grass out of place to suggest it had somehow been moved or dug up, no, just gone like it had never been there.

Suddenly the gears in my head clicked together and once again the man in the middle of the grass patch had my attention. But this time I noticed things I hadn't a second ago, the amount of yellow that bordered on a little absurd. He had a large yellow overcoat laying in the grass around his arms, and looking at his hair again it was more golden yellow than it was blond, his eyes were similarly golden leaning more yellow than brown. Even more so, the fact that he wore a suit, tight black dress pants and shoes to match the black vest over a white button up, all tied together with a bow tie at the collar, pinned with a little yellow triangle in its center.

I felt my jaw hit the floor. He tilted his head to one side, the smile playing on his lips turned mocking. "Well well well. He remembers me. How sweet." Even his voice sounded familiar, but not as electronic as I could remember and a bit deeper too but maybe that was just my mind building dreams in my head all these years.

"Are you going to say something or just stare at me. If I'd known a form like this would have gotten your attention I would have tried it sooner." He tossed my backpack between us, jump starting all the building thoughts in my brain.

"You're not- You can't- He- we." They flooded together, pouring out my mouth faster than I could form full sentences or questions.

"I am," he said almost like he was thoughtfully answering my not finished question, "and I can and you didn't. Well not really." He flicked his hand around in the air, gesturing at nothing, "I mean that was quite the trick and certainly no one's been able to do it before, but-" He tapped his fingers, which I realized where masked in black wrist length gloves, against his temple, "You didn't fully trap my mind, just my physical form."

"How?" I crashed backwards off my heels onto my ass in the dirt, crushed by the ever growing weight of the realizations he was giving me.

"You didn't think that a dream demon wouldn't have any other powerful connections?"