Blue Flame(3)

Dipper POV

I could hear whistling among the talking and laughing, strangely though I couldn't see anyone nearby that was whistling.

The living room got quiet, the awkward air reached the small party of us in the kitchen. I stood from the table following Wendy and Melody to the doorway to see what had changed the mood so abruptly.

In the living room everyone was staring at one man, who had barely made it halfway into the shack. He stood grinning at all the confused faces, black gloved hands resting on thin hips. My heart jumped into my throat, I didn't expect him to show up here now, while half of Gravity Falls was under one roof.

"Um... Hi, who are you?" Mabel asked, shaking off the shock and trying to be her friendly self, to her left and right Candy and Grenda were practically drooling. They're not wrong, he is attractive, the same suit from this morning hugged him in all the right ways and the coat only emphasized his frame.

His grin didn't falter, "Come on Pines!" he announced to the whole room, "Don't you miss me?! Admit it, you miss me!"

Recognition shot through the room like a lightning bolt. Ford stood off to the side of the crowd snarling, I cringed away from the look not even pointed at me.

The room broke out into mad cries, people shoved and pushed past me out the door and away from him, leaving people who were too scared to move and those of us who stopped him last time. He only laughed as people ran away and that laugh was the same. It sent a shiver up my spine. 

My grunkle grabbed onto Mabel and the people near both putting themselves between them and Bill. Melody had slipped into the living room to stand with Soos, she'd hear enough about Bill to be shaking a little. Wendy stumbled into me and caught off guard we both slammed into the hallway door frame. I clutched her shoulder, steading both of us.

"Do you think he'll-" She uttered breathlessly.

With a shake of my head I returned my attention to him, he was quietly laughing to himself, "No." But I didn't have much to back that up and she didn't look convinced.

His eye met mine and his grin only got wider, but if he was going to say anything it was cut off by Grunkle Ford. Who swung a pocket blade at Bill's throat.

It felt like all the air left my lungs. In front of me I barely registered Bill dodging Ford's blade with ease.

"Damnit-" Ford growled.

"Careful Sixer! You almost cut yourself!" in a blink the blade in Ford hand had turned around and his swing brought it dangerously close to his own wrist.

"How are you here?!?" Stan demanded slow anger coming over his face.

I grabbed hard onto the wall, this can't be his plan. This morning had been so peaceful, he'd been so calm, but this was entirely different. "Bill." I uttered, still desperately trying to catch up. Was he really going to offer me that deal from this morning in front of them.

His eye fell on me again and this time he ignored both my Grunkles advances, dodging them like they weren't even there. 

"Pinetree, so good to see you again." He laughed and put his hand on my shoulder.

"How-" I stuttered, he was only a bit taller than me but I still felt like I was staring up at him.

"That is not important!" He dodged another blow from Ford, he snapped his fingers everyone else in the room was caged by glowing blue bars. "We should go somewhere more private to talk."

What?

He snapped his fingers again and the world went black.

The shift back into light and space was straining and hurt my eyes. The world cleared and stopped spinning enough for me to see we now stood in my bedroom. More accurately Ford's old room, though when I moved in from the attic we took out the mind swapping carpet, he had moved into the basement with these things no one else was allowed to see.

Bill was standing at my work desk, littered in loose paper and pens with my computer buried in the midst of it all. He was pawing through them, "All these little thoughts cooped up in here, confined to these weak little pieces of paper."

"Did you really have to show up in the middle of Mabel's welcome home party?" I asked hurriedly, I could hear shouting from downstairs and fits of fear beneath my grunkles commands. They would search the house soon and find us here.

"Of course! I love big entrances and I just couldn't resist knowing all my little zodiac's in one place!" He was smiling broadly. Striding over to my bed, messy and unmade, he sat atop it without much ceremony and patted the gray sheets. His smile softened from the performance one to one that seemed much more genuine, "I was going to give you more time but I am trying to be a team player here and she was tired of waiting."

"She?" I could vague remember the other demons Bill had brought along before but never had I seen him working with them as a team, I thought they were more like underlings.

"Her name is Ana, she and I go waaay back. Trapped in the infinite space of my mind I reconnected with her and told her my ideas and she offered her assistance." He explained, waving the subject away, "but that's not important right now! You are the man of the hour!"

He tilted forwards on the bed leaning on his palms between us. He got very close to my face, so close our noses almost touched. "I want you."

"Why? What could possibly make you want me?" I breathed, shockingly insecure this close to his eyes, his mouth.

"Cause you're smart!" Rocking back on the bed he shot up, "I mean look at all this! Just give it a chance! Give me a chance!" The continuous and rapid change of conversation was starting to make my head spin. 

"Ok." I muttered compared to his boisterous voice.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite hear you." His hand stretched out blue flames engulfed up his wrist.

I stood, feeling smaller than him on the bed, "I agree to your deal. I will accompany you and assist you as long as I get my freedom, and my family and friends are protected from you and the weirdness." I stated, hoping somehow that would keep him from making loopholes. He nodded, smiling a now very familiar cheshire grin. I took his hand, the flames held no heat as they spread from him to me, crawling up my hand, wrist, and arm. I watched it slowly spread up my shoulder. Before I could watch it go further than that the room started to twist and the floorboards fell from under me, my only contact now being Bill's hand, my grip tightening on him as I fell.

My feet hit the ground in the kitchen. 

_________________________________

This chapter is a little short because for the most part in the beginning at least I am going to stay close to the original chapter break up, buuuut as you'll see soon that falls through kinda quick.