C H A P T E R - F O U R

Nababagot na'kong mag-hintay matapos kung ano yung lecture ng professor namin ngayon sa Law. Ilang minuto nalang matatapos na lagi kong sinisipat ang relo ko pero parang mas tumatagal lang lalo ang oras.

Tanging nasa isip ko lang kung paano siya hahanapin, sinubukan ko ring i-message sila reb and sofia dahil si sofia talaga ang may kilala dun Pero hindi rin nila alam ang pagkakakilanlan ng mga iyon maliban sa phone number at pangalan na naisave niya sa isang kaibigan sa cellphone niya.

"Her name is faith."-agad na bumungad na mensahe galing kay Rebecca.

"Faith" - I keep repeating her name in my mind. I need to find this woman. We are in the same place, but I don't know anything about her aside from the fact that we almost shared the night.

I attended all my classes to find out that she is not one of my teachers for this semester, and I found out nothing. I wasted my time entering every class I had today.

The disappointment of not finding her in any classes weighed on me, but the memory of that almost-shared night lingered. I couldn't let go of the curiosity that had taken hold of me.

The bell rang, the end of class, and I felt a sense of disappointment in what happened today. I had almost had her, but she hurriedly left. I know this is appropriate since I am a student at this school, but if it's true that she's one of the teachers here...then that's fucked up and I don't care.

Nagmadali akong lumabas sa silid at pumunta sa likod ng paaralan.
Inilabas ko kaagad ang sigarilyo at lighter. Nagsimula akong magbuga ng usok na animoy natanggal lahat ng problema ko sa bawat hithit ko sa sigarilyo.

The place is so peaceful. I sat down by a tree, lying down, and gazed into nothingness while taking a drag of my cigarette.

"This is what my soul has been yearning for, a stick of cigarette and a nice place"- I said to myself, smiling.

I heard my phone make a notification sound. I quickly checked it and saw that Rebecca had messaged me again. "Huwag mo ng hanapin. One night in boracay pero nababaliw kana. I know you.."- iyan ang nakasaad sa message ni rebecca.

I quickly turned off my cellphone, and jerkly smile.

I brushed myself off, and I tossed the cigarette butt and stepped on it ready to leave.

It's been a thirty-minute drive from school to this bar where I'm meeting my friend Casper. We decided to hang out because we haven't seen each other for several months, and he's here in this state. So, we decided to have a couple of drinks and talk about life.

I started looking for him, and there he was standing at a VIP table with a bunch of girls, and he brought some of his friends, I guess.

I began to approach their table, waving my right hand as Casper saw me.

I was wearing boots that went below my knees. I had shorts and a crop top, along with a blazer jacket.

Nagsimula kaming magtawanan at uminom, may lumapit saming mga exotic dancer na ang sout lang nito ay kaunting piraso ng tela na nababalutan ng fishnet tights.

Indeed, every event became even more enjoyable. They dances in front of us, much to the delight of most of Casper's male companions.

The girl started to dance in front of me, her body brushing against mine while I was sitting on the solo sofa.

They started shouting, and the atmosphere at our table was really something. Every one of us was very excited because of the exotic dancers.

While this girl really teases me. She started touching me in my shoulder, slightly stroking it down and up.

I just smiled at her, took a sip of the alcohol, and swallowed it. I closed my eyes as I felt the sensation the girl was giving me.

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw Faith. 'Faith,' I whispered softly.

She was about to kiss me when suddenly, I snapped back to reality and quickly moved to avoid our lips from touching.

"What's wrong??" The exotic dancer asked me.

I immediately jumped out of my seat when I realized I almost kissed this woman.

Nahihilo man, umiikot na ang paningin dahil lango sa alak ay agad dahan dahan akong naglakad upang hindi matumba para pumunta sa restroom.

Habang nakapila ako sumagi ulit sa isipin ko ang mukha ni faith habang sumasayaw kami noon sa pubcrawl. Kung paano niya ako titigan sa malayo na may halong pagnanasa sa mga mapupungay nitong mata.

I leaned against the wall, closed my eyes, tilted my head back, and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes and immediately focused on a woman who was also looking at me from a slightly distant spot in the other side of the restroom.

Her eyes were the same. It's her.

She's here. She acknowledged me. She knows me from the look of her eyes.

She knows..

"Please move"- nabaling ang aking atensyon sa babaeng katabi ko ng magsalita ito.

I looked back to where Faith was standing earlier, but when I turned, she was no longer there. It was as if she had vanished, gone in a split second.