C H A P T E R - S I X

I woke up but didn't see Megan in my bed. I was naked with a blanket covering me.

I remembered everything.

"What the heck did I do?" I muttered.

I got out of bed and went directly to the refrigerator to find ice cubes that could alleviate the heat and the ache in my head.

Sinipat ko ang orasan sa pader, nakita kong mag a-alas dyes na nang umaga.

Napaupo ako sa kama at dali-daling kinuha ang cellphone para tawagan si Megan.

It kept ringing, but no one answered the phone.

Napatampal nalang ako sa noo ko dahil sa nagawa kong katangahan na naman.

Inilapag ko ang aking telepono at humiga.

Huminga ako ng malalim habang nakatingin sa kisame.

I heard my phone's notification. I hesitated to open it, but I remembered that Megan might have texted me about last night, the stupid things I did.

However, the text didn't come from Megan. It was from the counseling center I was attending, the one my dad funded.

"Miss Cruz, please come to the office in the afternoon. We need to talk about your therapist. As a client, you have the right to know, and we also need to settle things."

Iyan ang nakasaad sa text message. Umiling-iling ako dahil andami ko ng problema dumagdag pa ito.

Wala akong choice kundi pumunta at naka schedule ako ngayon na pumunta sa mansion. Wala na rin akong planong pumasok, para saan pa.

After a few minutes of taking a bath, I chose to wear trousers with a long jacket, a scarf, and black heels.

I'm so tired of everything. Kung hindi siguro ako uminom kagabi hindi sana ako tatamarin mabuhay sa mundo.

Alak lang nagpapagaan sa buhay ko.

I quickly grabbed my car key to drive to the center. I pressed the button several times, but my car in the parking lot didn't make a sound. I placed the car remote against my forehead to extend its range.

Well, don't blame me. I just saw it on TikTok, and it seemed to work.

However, my car still didn't make a sound.

Then I remembered that I had left my car in a parking station at a bar last night, which is half a minute from here.

"I hate booking a Grab, no I hate my life," I muttered to myself as I tapped my phone.

After a few minutes of waiting, a taxi cab arrived in front of me. I hopped in and instructed the driver with the full address of the center.

"Good morning, Miss Cruz. We are here to discuss your new therapist as we are saddened to inform you that Mrs. Ramos passed away yesterday," the head of this center explained as I was shocked by the sudden news.

I did not expect it to happen this way. The last time we spoke, I was angry with her for not trying to understand my perspective after months of trying to make her understand.. We argued, and I left her office rudely.

"I... I don't know what to say. Uhmm, I had an argument with her during our last session, and now I'm hearing the news that she has passed away," I was speechless. I couldn't grasp the news being thrown at me, and I felt guilty.

She patted my shoulder. "I know. We are deeply saddened by the news, and we are concerned about how you will handle this."

Maybe they were not just workmates but close friends.