Chapter 18

"Ethan?" Katherine called out as she looked around the crowd. Where was he? Dud he leave? He insisted on us going here.

"Hey." Ethan said, scaring Katherine and she turned around seeing him give her a cheeky smile.

"Where were you?" Katherine asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Right behind you." Ethan lied.

"No, you weren't." Katherine argued.

"Yes, I was," Ethan lied again. "This crowd is huge."

"Cut the crap." Katherine groaned as she rolled her eyes and went outside as Ethan followed her.  "You left me here alone after you insisted we go here."

"Well, how do you feel about going to London?" Katherine asked.

"What?" Katherine responded in confusion.

"I mean it," Ethan said. "Let's get on a plane and go."

"What happened to going on a road trip?" Katherine laughed. "A plane defeats that."

"Well," Ethan sighed. "There is some things in London I know you will love."

"So much that we should go now?"

"Believe me, you will love it."

"What about visiting the entire country?" Katherine asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Aren't you bored of being in a car?"

"I mean, yeah," Katherine answered with a quick nod. "But is a road trip."

"Well... I think it is a good idea."

"Why are you acting weird?" Katherine asked and raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"What do you mean?" Ethan chuckled, playing dumb.

"There is something you are not telling me," Katherine answered and dropped her arms and sighed. "So, tell me!" Katherine demanded, raising her voice.

"Fine," Ethan sighed in defeat. "Noah and Stella are going there."

"What?" Katherine gasped as her eyes widened.

"He left with Stella because she blackmailed him." Ethan responded.

"What do you mean Stella blackmailed him?" Katherine asked.

"She told him if he didn't break up with you and leave with her then she would have killed you." Ethan explained and he frowned.

"How long did you know?" Katherine asked, shocked as her eyes teared up.

"Before he left."

"You knew he was with her and you kept this from me!" Katherine shouted as tears fell down her cheek. "You made me believe he never cared. When you killed Maggie you said you had no more secrets."

"He made me promise, Kat!" Ethan argued. "We wanted to protect you." Ethan said, lowering his tone.

"You should've stopped him!" Katherine shot at him.

"And let Stella kill you?"

"We could have stopped him."

"I have had friends of mine look for them and one of them found out where she and him were going." Ethan responded.

"What was the point of this trip if you had to lie to me?" Katherine asked.

"I looked for him for you but I could not leave you unprotected." Ethan answered.

"Then let's go to London, find Noah and kill Stella for real this time." Katherine sighed.

"Look, I am so sorry that I didn't--"

"Don't," Katherine sighed. "Just don't."

"I am still sorry, though." Ethan said and frowned.

"I don't trust that but as long as we finish this," Katherine responded as she glared at him. "I never want to see you ever again."

"Katherine, I wanted to protect you." Ethan replied.

"You said it yourself," Katherine huffed. "You hate Noah."

"But I care about you." Ethan said.

"You don't lie to people you care about."

"Noah did the same thing, Kat." Ethan said and shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Katherine scoffed.

"He told you that he didn't love you, he left with Stella for you, I helped him." Ethan pointed out. "I know I should not have but I did and you and I can't change that."