Sophomore year of hell

August 2023 before the first day of school.....

Kendall and Kaylee arrived at the mall to do some back to school shopping.

Kaylee: "So are you finally going to ask out Yuri."

Kendall: "No I don't ask guys out my whole life I've always been asked out."

Kaylee: "That's cause you've always been the it girl of school who everyone wants to look like. And some say you're at your peak now."

Kendall: "Oh no I'm only going to get prettier." (They both laughed)

Kendall: "What about you Kaylee you plan on going to parties this year, you can't spending your weekends inside reading."

Kaylee: "Kendall you know I get shy when I'm around people."

KG: "Kendall, Kaylee!"

Kaylee: "Look it's KG!"

Kendall and Kaylee: "Hey girl!"

Kaylee: "So glad you're back how was Europe."

KG: "It was good my dad was a bit annoying but it was good still."

Kendall: "Meet any cute boys."

KG: "none of importance."(She laughed)

KG: "So where is Camila and Savanna?"

Kaylee: "They did they shopping already you'll see them at school tomorrow."

Kendall: "So you're not going to ask about Lexus?"

KG: "Look I'm just not ready to deal with all that yet. I'm still not over my mom dying and talking about Lexus will just remind of my mom."

Kendall: "Fair enough well we'll see you at school tomorrow."

KG: "Bye guys!"

The next day was the first day of school......

KG: "Keelan let's go you have to drive me to school!"

Keelan was KG older brother who was a senior he stayed behind this past summer to tidy up everything about their mom.

Keelan: "Stop being annoying cmon let's go."

They arrived at school and KG went to go put her stuff in the locker as Savanna walked up.

Savanna: "Hey welcome back thought Kendall was lying about you being back."

KG: "Come on I didn't move away after all."(they laughed and hugged.

Camila came running up and hugged KG from behind.

Camila: "Glad to see you here I hope you're doing fine hugs and kisses got to get to class early." (She took off)

KG: "See Camila is still super serious about school."

Kendall came walking up with Kaylee and Lexus

Kendall: "She always have been."

Lexus: "Hey KG look I just want to um-

KG: "Just don't okay? Let's not talk about it I'm good."

Lexus: "Of course right."

Kendall: "Ouuu KG there is Max."

Max was a basketball star who was into KG before she left for the summer. They haven't spoken since.

Savanna: "Good luck girl."(they all walked off$

Max: "Hey your back."

KG: "Yea I'm sorry I didn't text or anything I was just so confused about everything."

Max: "It's okay look you don't need to apologize you went through some pretty traumatic stuff."

KG: "Yea but you want to catch up after school today."

Max: "Sure I'll swing by your place at 8."

KG: "It's a date."

Max: "Oh."(he smiled)

KG: "I mean it's today which is a date I wasn't implying a date date in case you didn't want that yet or-

Max: "You're fine I'll pick you up 8."(He smiled and walked off."

The bell rang and it was time for first period.....

KG was focusing on the lesson when she kept feeling like she was being watched. She looked out the window and saw a person with a hat covering their face staring right at her. She could feel the glare of the person even though she couldn't see the eyes of the person.

She leaned over to Camila who was next to her working.

KG: "It someone outside the window staring at me."

Camila looked over out the window.

Camila: "I don't see anyone out there. Are you okay?"

KG: "Yea I'm fine must've been tripping or something."

Later after school KG was getting dressed to go out with Max. Keelan came walking passed her door and stopped in.

Keelan: "who you going out with?"

KG: "None of your business it's a guy from school.

Keelan: "Mhmm ok so it must be Max or Michael you've been stuck between them for years."

KG: "I haven't been stuck okay."

Keelan: "Yea well it better be Max, Michael is nothing but trouble."(he walked out)

Just then Max pulled up and blew the horn. KG put her jacket on and went out the door. She looked around and saw someone sitting on a bench with the same hat she saw earlier.

This time the person started speed walking towards her. KG hurry and hopped in Max car.

Max: "Woah are you okay."

KG: "I'm okay just drive."

Meanwhile back at Kendall house......

Kendall and Lexus was smoking on her back porch.

Lexus: "KG doesn't hate me does she."

Kendall: "Of course not she just needs time."

Lexus: "I hope you're right and hey where's Kaylee."

Kendall:" She went home to practice her dancing. She has an audition for something soon."

Meanwhile KG was at the park with Max sitting in his car.

Max: "So I got some D1 offers while you were away."

KG: "What that's wonderful now I feel bad for not answering your calls all summer."

Max: "Hey it's okay you're here now that's all that matters."(He leaned in)

KG started to close her eyes and move towards him. When a brick came flying through the back window.

Max: "What the fuck are you okay?"

KG: "Yea I'm good."

Max got out the car and went looking around for someone. KG looked at the brick and it had a note attached to it saying.

"Welcome back to town nothings changed same shady people in this town and same people covering things up don't believe me? Ask Keelan who your mom made multiple calls to the night she allegedly died. Want to know my theory she was murdered- your anonymous friend."