CHAPTER SEVEN - A KIDNAPPING

"Hmmm. I wonder if I could catch mackerel just using my hands."

"Ha! Good luck with that!" Tuffnut jested. "Your hands would freeze off before you could catch the fish!"

"Huh. I suppose you're right. It's freezing out here." Atlas said, shivering. She sighed. "Sorry, girl. That treat will have to wait."

"I don't like it!" Astrid said. "They should've been back with Hiccup by now!"

"I don't like it either!" Ruffnut said, throwing away the food Snotlout offered her. "Eret son of Eret was the man of my dreams, my everything!"

Snotlout and Fishlegs quickly turn jealous. "But baby, I grew facial hair for you."

"Me too." Fishlegs said sadly, feeling his peach fuzz.

Atlas rolled her eyes. Now was not the time to be thinking about childish crushes! Granted, it was also not the time to be thinking about catching mackerel, but she was only trying to treat her dragon! And take her mind off of Hiccup and her father.

"What if Drago shot them down?" Astrid stressed. "What if they need our help? We have to find them."

"Wait, wait, what?" Fishlegs asked. "No, but Stoick said-"

"It doesn't matter what he said if they've all been captured."

Atlas frowned, getting worried. What if they had been captured? She walked quickly up to Crimson and hopped on. "You're right. Let's go find them."

Astrid nodded, and took off into the air. "Come on!"

 - - - - - - -

The plan was for all the riders to stay hidden in the clouds, while Astrid swooped down and grabbed Eret. Then they would convince him to show them the way to Drago. Astrid was convinced it was a good plan, but Atlas was weary. There was no way they could trust that man. And, even if he did actually end up leading them to Drago, who's to say he wouldn't betray them to Drago? Atlas sighed. She liked it better when they only had to rely on themselves.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" Atlas could hear Eret shrieking through the clouds.

"Careful what you wish for!" Astrid sing-songed. Atlas laughed quietly.

"We'll miss you, Eret!" One of the trappers called. Atlas snorted at that. (A/N: I didn't make that up, I promise you. Go watch httyd 2 and put close captioning on. One of the trappers actually says that. I laughed so hard I started crying.)

"What is this?!" Eret asked, holding on tightly to Stormfly's claws.

"A kidnapping." Atlas replied in a matter-of-factly tone, flying by on Crimson.

"Yay! Can he ride with me? Can he? Can he?" Ruffnut asked in a lovesick tone, grabbing on to Eret.

Luckily, Tuffnut groaned in disgust at his sister and steered Belch away.

"You're gonna show us the way to Drago!" Astrid called.

"And help dragon riders sneak into Drago's camp?" Eret scoffed. "Just kill me now."

Astrid smiled, and Atlas grinned from in front of them, knowing what was going to come.

"That could be arranged. Stormfly, drop it!"

Stormfly released Eret. "AHHHH!" He screamed.

"Good girl! Stormfly, fetch!"

"All right! Okay! I'll take you to Drago!" Eret yelled, falling through the sky.

Stormfly swooped in and caught Eret.

"Works every time!" Astrid laughed, stretching. She and Atlas high-fived.

- - - - - - -

After telling the dragon riders which way to Drago's camp, and flying for a while, Eret surveyed the group of dragon riders who kidnapped him. First, there was the brave, blonde warrior that was carrying him. Then, there was a large, fat one atop an equally large dragon. Next, a short, black-haired boy who kept falling off his dragon. Then, the two-headed dragon with the annoying, flirty girl and her twin. Lastly, the red-head. He watched in admiration as she steered her dragon smoothly, moving as if they were one. He noticed as her beautiful red ringlets blew in the wind. 

(Like this, but an orange-ish red

(Like this, but an orange-ish red. Like, exactly the color of Stoick's hair in httyd 2)

He takes in how stunning she is, yet still so fierce at the same time.

He's snapped out of his trance as the rider carrying him asks which way to go. He sighs, giving them more directions

A/N: Chapter 7! Ooooh, looks like Eret is starting to catch feelings!!! But does Atlas feel the same? Hmm. *looks through story drafts* I don't think soooooo. Hehe. Keep reading to find out more!

XOXO,

arosy