CHAPTER THREE - LIGHT FURY & LOVE

Happy December 1st, guys. Be excited for this chapter!

Atlas was sleeping, warm and cozy in her nice bed. Her hut was on the South side of Berk, in the hills. It was built inside a cave, with tunnels that went on for a while. It was fashioned after her hut on Dragon's Edge. She and Crimson had made it so that it would be more comfortable and more like home for Crimson. And it didn't bother Atlas too much- she liked the solitude and the quiet.

The fire was crackling and it lit up some of the room. Crimson was curled up in the entrance way to a tunnel. Atlas was snuggled up against her yak and sheep wool blankets. A mini table sat in the middle of the room. It had swords and axes, and knives and daggers on it. A warm cup of honey tea on the bedside table suggested that Atlas had been up late in the night, working on the beginning of new weapons. Her latest work had been trying to make Heather's double-headed axe. She had visited Berserker Island a few months back to see Heather and Gustav. (Dagur was with Mala, busy being King of the Defenders of the Wing.) Heather had given her a mini booklet with instructions on how to craft her axe.

Atlas was dreaming of sword fights and dragon races, and fresh new weapons, and a little bit of a familiar man with honey brown eyes and jet black hair. 

That is, until she was woken up rather harshly by a loud banging noise. 

"ATLAS! ATLAS!"

She groaned groggily and rolled over in her sleep.

"Oh, for Thor's sake! I'm coming in. ATLAS! GET UP!"

There was a rush of feet, and then suddenly it was ice cold. Someone had pulled the covers off her! She quickly peeled her eyes open and sat up. She put her hands over her arms and shivered. She saw her brother standing next to her bed, and he reached out and grabbed her arms, shaking her back and forth. 

"Atlas! Atlas! Oh man, oh man! Astrid and I- we- the Light Fury! We saw her! Another one!"

Atlas blinked, and then slowly brought her hand to his forehead. "Uh, are you okay? You seem kinda... off your rocker. Are you sick or something?"

Hiccup reached up and pulled her hand away from his forehead. He took several deep breaths.

"No, no I'm fine. It's just you won't believe what Astrid and I saw in the woods. It was a dragon. She was white, and she looked just like Toothless. She was... she was beautiful. Atlas, we found a female Night Fury."

- - - - - - -

"What do you mean 'gone'?" Snotlout asked.

"Vanished, into thin air." Hiccup said.

"Maybe she can turn invisible." Atlas offered.

Hiccup nodded. "Maybe."

Fishlegs ran over to Hiccup with a picture of the Light Fury that he had drawn. "What do you think?"

"Uh-uh," Hiccup said. "Stubbier ears. No dorsal plates."

Eret walked by with a saddle over his shoulder, chuckling. "What a night."

Just then, Toothless ran over to Hiccup and knocked him over, grinning and slobbering.

"Bud, what's gotten into you?" Hiccup asked. "What is all this... slobbering and panting?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Astrid asked. "He's in love."

Atlas bent over, laughing hard.

Hiccup blinked, and turned to his dragon. "Trust me, relationships are nothing but pain and misery."