Chapter 1

🪦Miles Garcia

🪦Julius Carter

🪦Jacob Adams

🪦Bailey Harris

So many names left to go...

Einstein said, "the weak revenge. The strong forgive. The intelligent ignore."

Fuck that. Einstein wasn't always right.

Revenge is a dish best served cold... Now that I agree with. It means they forget you're coming for them, and their screams sound so much prettier when the time finally comes...

Rebecca's POV

"You look like you've been stood up" a guy..... or a girl??? because his voice sounds like a girl, anyway... he says as I peer up from my phone, discreetly clicking the lock screen into place so he can't see what I'm watching.

I arch my eyebrow as I study him... or her.. whatever their pronouns is. Good looking, mid-twenties arrogant smile, dominant posture..... He's definitely barking up the wrong tree though.

"Actually, I enjoy eating alone," I tell him with a fuck-off, sweet smile.

He doesn't take the hint, because his eyes narrow with determination. Alphas prefer a challenge. I shocked have known better.

"Im Luke. You're...." he lets his words trail off as he rakes his eyes over me, but I say nothing before sipping my coffee. "If you don't give me your name, I'll just call you beauty"

How original.

His attempt at flattery is overtly untrained and certainly underdeveloped. He's obviously used to getting his way without much of a fuss, which means he never puts forth any effort after catching his prize either. Considering his expensive suit and visible appeal, Im not surprised.

Plenty of women will overlook his arrogance, confusing it for cockiness, possibly even find it charming.

But I'm the wrong girl.

"How about calling me Not Interested? because that's the most apt depiction of me at the moment," I tell him, leaning back in my chair, relaxed and fully in control.

"apparently you haven't gotten a good look" he proceeds, leaning back and pretty much posing in a stance that gives me nothing more to look at an arrogant ass.

"I've seen more than enough. Still not interested"

His looks darkens as he takes a step back

"Fine. Fuck it. I don't need a frostbite on my strap anyway" Strap? so he's a she. not gonna lie he does.. I mean she does look good to be in a man suit but he's still an arrogant ass. I watched him as he walks  toward a table where another person is sitting. Is that her girlfriend? are they looking for a third? ew.

The sun is not bright today, considering the overcast. were just a few of the people who opted for the patio instead of the inside of the coffee house, because it looks like its going to rain. Even though they're several tables away, I can still see the girlfriend or friend laughing and shaking her head as Ms. Arrogant plops down to her seat, surly and dejected.

I resume watching the footage on my phone, until I feel eyes on me. Ms. Arrogant's friend doesn't look away when I look up and catch her studying me. she's not leering or even acting interested. I'd say she's trying to read me, just the way I do people.

Actually scratch the girlfriend. They're maybe work mates because now that I look at her she's wearing a suit as well. However, Ms. Arrogant's suit seems to be more expensive... different design, could it be that she works for her? She doesn't seem submissive or weighted, the way she would if she was working for Ms. Arrogant. Which means they're equals, but not paid the same? Or maybe Ms. Arrogant comes from money, and she doesn't?