Pilot Part 2

"Why?" Nancy asked Nick. He exhaled and then replied "Because it was worth it." He started the engine and escaped the area with Nancy. Nick was dropping her off at her house when he saw a car outside "Thought you said your dad would be at work." Nick began. 

"He is, that's my mom's car. Doesn't run or I'd be driving it." Nancy replied. Nick stopped the car and said "If you ever want to talk about your mom or anything...." Nick got cut off by Nancy "My mom? Who told you?" "Nancy.....I like you, okay? And i'll tell you about my past if you tell me about yours."

Nancy looked away, not wanting to speak about her terrible past. Nick caressed her cheek  and announced "Hey, whenever you're ready."

But I'm never going to be ready.

Nancy suddenly backed away from his touch and stuttered "Wait, I don't- I don't think it's a good idea for us to start anything serious. Um....I mean this time next year, i'll be in collage." Nick looked confused "And what i'll still be here? Fixing boats in Horseshoe Bay? Going nowhere fast?"

Nancy defended herself "Nick that's not what I meant." Nick didn't believe her and became sick of constantly being pushed away. "Yeah, yeah. Maybe you're right." Nancy tried to apologize "I'm sorry. See this is why it's better not to talk." She shouted when he left the driveway. 

Nancy stared at the pendant for a while before looking at George, pondering.

If you ask George Fan for help, she will never let you forget it.

Nancy walked up to George and began "So George, you come from a long line of fishermen." George commented "Also alcoholics and a highly fertile, teenage mom, so..." George looked up to see Nancy holding up the pendant thing.

"That's a mariner's good luck charm." George stated. "Yeah I looked it up online and there's not a lot of info." Nancy told her. "Oh...so you're seeking my expert opinion? Like I know more than you?" George announced wanting her to admit it. 

Nancy smirked and said "In this limited area of ocean themed jewellery, yes." George took in a deep breath before explaining "Girlfriends would put messages in the charm. When their guys were out at sea they would dissolve the seal with salt water to find the note. Where'd you get it?"

Nancy hesitantly answered "In a place where it was being kept by the person who owned it." George gave her a 'seriously?' look and asked her "Who owned it?" Nancy admitted "Tiffany Hudson." She said point blank. George became furious "You broke into Ryan's house?"

Nancy defended herself "It was a spur of the moment thing." Bess heard the conversation and asked "You stole Tiffany Hudson's jewellery?" Bess grabbed the pendant. Nancy said "Coming from the known ex-felon." "It was a misdemeanor and i'm just saying. I'm impressed." 

George chimed in "Hate to admit it, but so am I." You who were listening in on their conversation called out from far away "I'm impressed as well!" And Ace rung the order bell and announced "I'm impressed too." Nancy closed her eyes for a second and started explaining

"It was in a hidden compartment in Tiffany's nightstand. With a note." She pulled the note out and showed them, which Bess grabbed to examine. "For your protection? From what? And who's H.G?" Bess exclaimed. George stated "We gotta crack this thing open. I bet there's a clue inside."

George walked off with the paper in her hand and Nancy tried to stop her "Where are you going? That's mine." Bess retorted "Technically stolen property." she gave a smug smile.

This is why I work alone.

You reported "I'm coming too by the way." "Sure." George allowed. Suddenly Ace slammed the doors open and ran towards you guys, he asked George "Yo, can I come with you?" "No you cannot."