||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫~||

Forest green eyes peek through the crack in the bedroom door

Forest green eyes peek through the crack in the bedroom door. The room was still dark as it was still fairly early in the morning and despite the majority of the house still being asleep the owner of those eyes had been awake for quite some time. Hatsu clutches his bear to his chest tighter before pushing the door open. His little feet pad against the hardwood floor as he approaches the bed.

His eyes curiously take in the two figures in the bed mainly staring at the male resting there. He recognized him from that horrible night months ago. He was there with that red headed man that saved him and brought him to his mom. He had seen him a few times after that specifically in the house when his mom thought he was none the wiser. Though the man had been here a few times this was the first time he had stayed overnight and Hatsu couldn't contain his curiosity as to why.

Pulling his eyes away from the man he slips around the bed and over to the side Hotaru sleeps on. His eyes take her in with wonder as he sees her for once without the stress that had been permanently displayed on her face. She may have thought she was able to keep him from seeing but he was very observant. He had to be since he was orphaned at such a young age and left to fend for himself.

He noticed her sadness. He saw it that night when the red headed man left in such a hurry. She was hurt and had been crying. Since that night she hadn't been the same. She was robotic, not seeming to truly be in the present. She was here but not truly here at the same time. Now though she seemed better. Her face was softer, her body wasn't so twisted. Was it the man that slept behind her that made her better? It had to be because she wasn't like this before and had only become better after he had come last night.

Hatsu chews on his lip and contemplates his next move. Before he can make a decision though, Hotaru's eyes flutter open her bleary gaze focusing on the child before her. "huh? Hatsu... what's wrong?"

Hatsu opens his mouth to respond but cant get any words out as he stares up at his mother. Hotaru goes to move but the heavy weight of the arm that's draped across her stomach holds her down.

Rolling her eyes she tries to push it off, making Dazai whine. "Dazai move your ass" she hisses, pushing harshly on the offending extremity.

"Don't be mean Hotaru" he whines refusing to move.