The Alchemax Experience

Gwen stopped (Y/N) before they could enter the Deli Store, Peter and Miles had already gone in.

"You didn't tell me you had a Hobo phase..." Gwen asked him, but he shook his head.

"It got bad, but nowhere near as bad as Noise tells it." (Y/N) said.

Gwen didn't quite believe him, putting a hand on his left cheek. "I'm so sorry (Y/N). I'm so goddamn sorry."

"Don't be, It wasn't your... well I'd like to tell you it wasn't your fault, but you did act as a catalyst." (Y/N) joked but stopped his smile once he saw Gwen wasn't laughing.

HE GOT BAD, GWEN, LUCKILY, I WAS AROUND TO STOP HIM FROM TURNING INTO A COMPLETE ASSHOLE.

"That's the first time he's addressed you by your name, you should be honored." (Y/N) chuckled, but once again it just raised concern for Gwen. "C'mon, we should see go inside, Pete and Miles are waiting for us."

(Y/N) pulled away from her and walked inside the store, leaving Gwen alone in the cold and dark street. Unbeknownst to the two, Peter had been watching their interaction from inside.

He knew what they were going through just by their body language, and why wouldn't he? He had gone through the same thing with Mary Jane. When he saw this world's MJ give a eulogy for him... it made him realize just how much he missed her.

Well, he did cry himself to sleep every night, so he didn't exactly forget her.

____

(Y/N) entered the room, his usual smile not present on his face, which prompted Miles to inquire about it.

"Hey man, are you okay?" Miles asked, but (Y/N) waved him off.

"Nothing serious, come on, we should figure out this multiversal business." (Y/N) distracted Miles just in time for Gwen to stride into the room, Peter got off his ass and went towards the three of them.

Miles looked each of them in the eye before pulling something out of his pocket.

"A goober?" Peter said, webbing the thing off of Miles, who got startled at the sudden action. "Aw! You broke it."

"I know! I messed up, that's why I need to fix the mess I created." Miles shouted at Peter, his tone raising the several eyebrows in the room.

Peter cleared his throat, "No. You're going to go back to your home or wherever you stay, and the adults are going to Alchemax to get another goober."

"Wha- How do you know we have to get to Alchemax?" Miles asked, suddenly disarmed of the situation.

"It says it right here on the back." Gwen pointed out the paper taped to the Drive, the letters 'ALCHEMAX' written in capital on it.

"Shit... Look, I have to go there with you. I need to do this for Peter... you know the words..." Miles started making Peter shake his head, "With Great Power..."

"Don't you dare finish it." Peter warned Miles.

"Comes Great Responsibility." Instead of Miles, (Y/N) finished it, his eyes solid as steel, "He's right Peter, we might not like it but no one of us was chosen for this job. We were simply thrust into this without a clue. We still have a duty to do regardless."

Peter caught himself from biting back a response, (Y/N)'s words giving him something to think about.

"Yep. And no matter how we try to deny it, it falls on us to defend the people who can't defend themselves." Gwen's eyes glowed green as she flew the goober from Peter's hands towards herself in order to inspect it further.