Battle Of Sokovia - 2

Pietro stopped beside Cap and Nat, watching in amazement as giant floating rafts came out of the Helicarrier and towards Sokovia.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" Pietro asked out of wonder.

"It's what it's supposed to be." Cap smiled, as did Natasha.

"Just as a heads-up, 'Tro. Nick Fury is a certified creep." (Y/N)'s teasing voice interrupted the moment.

"Yeah, total creep. He literally watched us sleep that one time." Gwen backed her man.

Fury's sigh could be heard even across the comms, these two got on his nerves.

"You want me to pull the reverse gear and get this ship outta here?" Fury asked, without missing a beat.

"I don't get what's going on..." Pietro looked at Cap with a raised eyebrow.

Cap for his part just let out an exasperated sigh.

_____

"Now this is a story!" Rhodey crashed into an Ultron, breaking it into two, before grabbing another and unloading his machine gun into it.

"Yep. If you live to tell it." Tony flew right beside him.

The two made an incredible team, ripping through the Ultron ranks like it was nobody's business.

The refugee rafts slowly made their way towards the solid ground, they lowered their drawbridge to the few civilians that had made it to here.

"Capitan. There's a large influx of civvies headed your way." (Y/N) informed Cap over the comms.

"Copy that. Pietro, get over there and cover them. Widow, you're with me. We'll keep the landing strip safe." Cap gave out the orders in quick succession. "No one engages Ultron alone. Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, secure the civilians around the city."

There was a grunt from Gwen.

"Thor, you go to the core, Make sure Ultron does nothing funny to it. Tony, work on fixing this thing." Cap's last order wrung out. "Now move out!"

_____

Gwen didn't care, she was going after Ultron and Ultron alone.

They had a life-long blood feud with each other even if Ultron didn't know the extent of his own malice.

The Steve from her universe would no doubt have her grounded and put in the Isolation Chamber for weeks.

She knew this Steve would understand though.

He had to.

She couldn't let that pile of metal do as he pleased without shutting him up.

So she flew straight towards the Church.

She would end him once and for a-

CRAAASH!

She felt it before she heard it.

Someone tackled her mid-flight, it wasn't someone trying to harm her; If that was the case she would've sensed it long before they succeeded.

But as she felt the gentle hands she knew oh so intimately, she knew who it was that tackled her onto the ground without managing to hurt her a bit.

(Y/N).

"What th- (Y/N), What the hell do you think you're doing?" She pushed off him, dusting the dirt that got onto her suit off.

"What am I doing? What are you doing!?" She floated him up on his feet using her magic.

"Going after the head of the snake, obviously." She scoffed him off.