In the world of stars (drabble)

It's function time here in Goenka mansion. My bua just had a baby girl. Everyone is happy. Filled with laughter and joy. Happiness evident in every faces. But why mumma is looking sad. She didn't like the child?

Akshara, my mumma is looking gorgeous as always but her smile is missing, it's missing from few months but why. She should be happy.

I started to run around the place and saw my Papa's picture there. He is smiling like always.

I then looked at Abhimanyu uncle, one of those people who wanted me to come to this world. He tried so much for the same.

This new baby is loved by everyone. Everyone is so happy, I wonder if it would be the same if I was ever born.

I saw mumma going to a corner and wiping her tears.

Is she remembering me? Do she miss me?

If yes then why did she killed me.

Why was I less important than abhir bhaiyyas happiness and Manjari aunty's stubbornness.

I heard what doctor uncle said that day, mumma could never be a mother anymore. Manjari aunty taunted her a lot for that.

I went slowly towards her to wipe her tears but she walked over me. Like every time.

I have seen her crying at nights hugging Papa's photo, saying sorry to him. And I have seen papa not even glancing at her for once.

Whenever I see her crying, tears flow out of my eyes automatically. I still remember the day she get to know that I was in her tummy, she was so happy so I was, when she tell papa that I was her baby girl. When she said that I will be the person just like my father, I will make people smile with PJ's.

But she never thought about me the time she decided to abort me.

She only cared for abhir baiyya not me.

I was about to go behind her but a hand stopped me. I looked above and saw papa holding me.

He picked me up smiling at me, he pecked my forehead and we went towards the place from where we came. In the world of stars.

Bye mumma. Will meet to tomorrow.