Chapter 1: Halloween Night

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Erica's POV-

The door swings open and music floods into the hallway as Kyleigh screams, "I'm so happy you're here," she says pulling me inside, "Your costume looks incredible by the way," she adds making me smile.

"Thank you. What are you?" I ask looking at her black dress.

"I'm a witch," she says grabbing her hat from the table, "I got caught up with work and didn't have time for a better costume," she tells me.

"Well you look great," I tell her looking around the apartment, "So does your place. The decorations are so much better than last year," I praise.

"Told you I'm better," Chris says coming over to say hello. I give him a small smile and turn my head to look around, "Nice fairy costume," he tells me before walking away.

"I can't believe he's dressed as a footballer. How unoriginal," she says as she hands me a drink. I laugh as she starts telling me more about the people here. I recognize some of them but I think most of them are from work.

"Harry's looking good tonight," I whisper when I spot him talking to some girls in the corner.

"Yeah...he's really pulling off the whole rocker vibe," she says as I eye her up. She shakes her head and tells me we need to take a shot. I unwillingly take it in my hand and cheer her before throwing it back. I gag at the disgusting flavor before placing it into the sink, "what's your game plan tonight?" She asks.

I look at her confused, "What do you mean?" I ask.

"It's been like four months since you've last hooked up with someone. Tonight is the perfect chance," she says as I shake my head, "It's not like you like anybody right now," she points out as I look past her head and look at Chris. A girl's hand is on his arm as he leans in telling her something. I look away as my cheeks start to feel hot, "I refuse to sit here and watch my brother pick up girls," she says as I look back at her.

"Totally," I say nodding my head as I drink from my cup. It doesn't take long before she's disappearing with a guy she knows. He's pretty cute too. I walk into her bedroom knowing it will be empty. I sit on her bed and turn the TV on to pass the time. I know it's Halloween but I haven't been in a party mood for a while.

I scroll through some channels and stop on the news, "There has been another attack that officials tied to the murders in south London," the newscaster says. A video pops up on the screen of the brutal attack. A man comes out of nowhere and tackles a woman jogging past an alleyway. Broad daylight? People are getting so bold. The door opens making me jump as I quickly turn it off.

"You alright in here?" Chris asks as he walks to Kyleigh's dresser, "Do you know where she keeps her digital camera?" He asks turning his head to look at me. I stand up from the bed and open her closet. I grab the purse she used last weekend and pull it out. When I hand it over his hand grazes mine making my heart stop. I look at his hand taking the camera before he thanks me and leaves. I groan falling backwards onto her bed. I have to get ahold of myself. The door opens again making me spring upright. Kyleigh walks in with Harry and they are laughing about something.

"Hey," Kyleigh says giving me a worried look.

"I'm going to take another shot," I tell them walking out. My wings get caught on the door making the three of us laugh as Harry fixes them. The kitchen is surprisingly empty so I quickly pour myself a double before closing the bottle. The rest of the party kind of feels like a blue. I don't remember much other than seeing Kyleigh walking into her bedroom with a guy. I couldn't see who it was. I collapse onto the couch and giggle when I see Chris lift his head.