Chapter 5: Screws on a Vent

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Erica's POV-

"This has to be a sign," Chip says sitting down after putting more wood on the fire. I lift my head off of George's shoulder and we all stare at him, "Seriously, what are the odds we found each other?" He asks.

"It is insane," Harry says with a smile looking at Ethan.

"You know what this means," Chip says like it's obvious, "Obviously this is the universe telling Kyleigh to give me a chance," he says rolling his eyes.

"Did you hear that?" Kyleigh says putting her hand to her ear.

"I heard it too," I tease as the guys laugh.

"Sounds like rejection to me," Chris says glaring at Chip. It's been an inside joke for years that Chip is in love with Chris's sister, poor Ky.

"I can't wait for the winter to end," I grumble pulling the flimsy blanket closer to me.

"You can sleep in my area. I have a couple of blankets to share," George says. I smile and thank him as Arthur passes us the can of beans we have been sharing.

"Bog can stay with me," Ethan says as Harry winks at his oldest friend.

"Kyleigh," Chip says before Chris cuts him off and says she will be fine.

"You guys can share with me. It's not the best but it's not too bad," Arthur says motioning to his little setup in the corner. It looks like they have been here for a little while. Each of the guys has a small area with their stuff. Kind of looks like a giant sleepover with forts. I never thought about using a clothing store as a base. George pushes a small sheet out of the way and shows off his makeshift bed.

"Welcome to Casa de Clarke," he says as I thank him with a smile, "Do you need anything?" He asks.

"I need the world to go back to normal. Do you think you can make that happen?" I ask.

He frowns, "maybe I can get Chip to hit on Kyleigh more like the good old days," he says making me laugh.

"When will he give up?" I ask kicking my shoes off.

"Probably never," he jokes. He throws a blanket at my head making me jump as it lands over my face. I move it around until I can pop my head through giving him an upside-down smile. He sits down near his 'pillow' and passes some clothes for me to use as a pillow. I scrunch it all up and try to get comfortable. The store makes everyone's conversation echo but incoherently. Chip's laughing bounces off the walls.

"I think Chip might save this group from insanity," I mumble as I rub my legs together to get warm. He pulls me into his side and I could cry from how warm he feels.

"You guys-," Chris says before stopping as he opens the small sheet, "sorry. I umm" he mumbles.

"Well get it out Dixon," George teases in a posh accent.

"I was just checking in with Erica," he says moving his eyes to me. I can feel my cheeks heating up as his eyes continue staring at me.

"I'm okay. Thank you," I tell him with a small smile. He seems almost hesitant to walk away but with a final good night, he does. When I turn back to George he's smirking, "Don't," I stare as he starts giggling.

"When are you going to tell him?" He asks as I drop my head in my hands.

"Kyleigh would hate me and I'm not messing up the best friendship I have to shag her brother. He also only sees me as his sister's annoying friend," I point out.