Chapter 9: Laundry Day

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Erica's POV-

"What do we do?" George asks as Harry lays her down on a table. Arthur shouts that he has something and runs to his bed. We all wait for him in anticipation as Kyleigh's arm continues bleeding. Harry's hands are pressed down on a blood-covered rag to try to slow it down.

Arthur comes back quickly, "I grabbed this but I never in a million years thought we would use it for this," he says handing it over to Chris. Harry grabs the first aid kit and gets the disinfecting materials out.

"I can't watch this," Chip says walking away with Ethan and Arthur to give us space. Chris's hand is resting on her head as he stares down trying to compose himself. I can't imagine how he feels watching her as she's unconscious.

"She's going to be alright," I assure him. Harry uses almost all of the first aid kit supplies before nodding at Chris. He gives me an unsure look before threading the needle, "You got this," I whisper as he makes the first suture. As he continues closing the wound she starts to stir awake. I put my hands over her mouth so she doesn't scream. Her eyes move frantically trying to figure out what's happening as I block her view. The last thing she needs is to see her arm as it's being stitched up.

"You're gonna be fine. Dr. Dixon is cleaning you up," I joke as she drops her head back down. Her eyes are focusing on a window pain behind her to get distracted. Her breathing is getting quicker every time he tightens the thread.

"It's done," he says. I turn around and see five uneven stitches to keep the wound shut. It will work. I grab some bandages from the bag and wrap them around the wound before taping it off, "How does it feel?" He asks his sister.

"I hate that stupid dog," she groans still sounding a little groggy. I leave the two siblings alone for a second to grab her some water. I know nothing about bedside manners. I'm just happy that Chris kind of knows how to stitch. Maybe he will be designated medic now. I don't even know how he feels about what he just did. It was pretty amazing.

"How is she?" Harry asks handing me some crackers for her. We look over at the two hugging and smile, "I should have scared the dog away," he says as I shake my head.

"You know how she gets with dogs. She would have chased after it to make sure it was okay," I point out, "Her arm looks better already. We just have to make sure it stays clean and dry," I tell him as we walk back.

"Gotta get your strength up," Harry says as we pass over the food and water.

"Do you mind keeping an eye on her?" Chris says as he motions to the blood on his shirt, "I gotta change," he says. I look down at my sleeve and frown at the red stains.

"I'll be back," I smile going to where our bags are. I push a small blanket out of the way and crouch down to fish a shirt out. I chose a random long-sleeved one and quickly put it on. I hear Arthur, Ethan, and George walking past to check on Kyleigh. When I stand back up to walk out of the closed-in-bed area, the sheet is pushed to the side. Chris walks in and gives me an exhausted look.

"Thank you for helping me earlier. I don't know what I would have done if..." he says trailing off at the end. I wrap my arms around his waist and he pulls me in resting his head on top of mine.

"Don't think like that. She's a trooper," I smile as he pulls away. I'm surprised when he leans down and gives me a simple kiss, "Although this does make me feel a little bad," I tease motioning toward us.