Interlude (Part 1): Who Are You?

Hey, I'm back. Sorry for the long hiatus, how embarrassing;; This chapter just has so many character voices I have to keep track of, that I have to reset my thought process every time I switch character POVs; not to mention my school workload and depression period where I hated everything I once loved doing D: So I decided to split (again;;;) this chapter

Also, I appreciate the second person POV format more, now that I realize that it gets confusing when referring to two male characters in third person POV. I can only stand so much repetitive he/him pronouns before my stupid ass gets confused lmfao

As compensation for my late update, you get snippets of bonus Kama content for each character ^^... which, looking back at it, further delayed the chapter oops. Note that each flashback event is not in order.

Btw share ko lng, but Young!Aki from Chainsaw Man is the headcanon voice I have for Kama haha

Lastly, it may not seem like it since I don't reply to every comment, but I DO read all your comments and kudos, and I appreciate all of them! I honestly didn't expect you guys would like the fic this much! So for those who comment and support constantly, idk who you are irl but I love you with all my heart! Thank you!

P.S. I promise I'll never abandon this story unless I'm dead. I promised myself to complete this, both for the sake of satisfaction and a closure to my trauma lol

~*~*~

You are (the one who understands) me.

~*~*~

A Demon who thinks he knows best.

Another Mangekyou ability, Shimura Danzo seethes both bitterly and frantically as he stands frozen, his body and chakra unresponsive to his inner struggle. He already suspected Kagami's descendant not being the only Uchiha with an evolved sharingan, but he didn't expect another user to wield it against him so soon.

To think that the Mangekyou sharingan is not just limited to brainwashing; that it can do this with just mere eye contact.

He's getting too lax with age.

"Sasuke and Itachi are off-limits," the Uchiha menace says, his demon eyes crinkling with his sharp smile. "Cross me and each Great Village Kage will have Konoha's dirty secrets on their office tables, accompanied by maps of the village's underground tunnels, evacuation protocols and safehouses, and a list of your top shinobi, their specialties and their weaknesses."

Danzo wants to spit at the audacious boy and wipe the smug grin off his face. He can't believe Hiruzen actually invited Uchiha Kama to ANBU, even made him captain— basically handed over Konoha's underbelly on a silver platter.

The other twin would've been the more preferable candidate; the better soldier.

At least then, Itachi would have remained predictable as long as his little brother was involved.

"If you try to hold them as hostages, I'll have no qualms on letting them die, as I'll reunite with them in the Pure Lands shortly afterwards anyway. However, I'll make sure to take the village with me; so," the little devil pauses, dropping his smile, face grim with red, lotus-patterned eyes wildly spinning in a way that Danzo associates with the madness his former teacher forewarned about.

Danzo doesn't know what Kama actually wants.

"Please don't test my grief."

In this clash of wills, Danzo can only resentfully concede.

Tobirama-sensei taught him a long time ago that there will be no reasoning with an Uchiha who has nothing left to lose.