[CHAPTER ELEVEN] "One.. two... wait there's another one."

"Oh.."

"My!"

"Triplets!" Zein said repeating after the doctor. Mariah and Deandre stared at the screen in disbelief.

"Nothings wrong, just three growing babies in there.." They were speechless. Mariah couldn't think of what to say. She just looked at Deandre with some many emotions on her face. "I asked you if you had any history of twins in your family!"

"I don't!" Mariah face palmed herself and started to cry. Deandre soon joined her with tears of his own.

"Triplets!" Zein said once again causing everyone to turn to her.

The doctor said, "Well someone's excited."

"I can't carry three babies! I can't birth three babies at once. I can't do this! Take two out! Take two out!" Mariah was freaking out. "How could I miss two babies doctor? How could I be having triplets? I have no history of triplets in my family Deandre, this must be a mistake." Mariah wanted to wait for her second trimester before she started to see her midwife. Because she knew what to expect already. This was their first ultrasound, for weeks they had just been listening to the heart beat.

"Baby honey honey just breathe!" Deandre said trying to calm her down, "you have to breathe baby!"

"Triplets Deandre! How are we gonna take care of four kids at once? How are we gonna do this? What if we can't do this? I can't do this."

He turned to the doctor, "Can you give us a moment please?" She nodded and quickly walked out the room. Deandre gave Zein her juice box and put headphones on her ears so they could talk.

"Tell me right now is this a fucking joke Deandre because I'm about to have a heart attack.."

He looked down and scratched his head, "I swear it's not a joke honey. We're having triplets." She looked at him and started crying more. Deandre wrapped his arms around her and cried with her. He knew they would be okay but four babies was going to be a lot and he didn't know what to say to make her feel better. He couldn't freak out because Mariah was freaking out and this was the first time in years that she didn't know what to do with her feelings publicly.

After about seven minutes she finally calmed down, "You know how many nails I'll have to paint to raise four kids?"

"You ain't in this alone baby." He used the tissue to wipe her tears. "You don't see me running out the door right? I'm here cleaning your snotty nose." Mariah laughed and snatched the tissue from him.

"You need to schedule an appointment for a vasectomy because if you make me push out three of your big eared babies, I'm done." She said pulling him close to her.

"Yes ma'am."

"We need to sit down and have a conversation about this."

"Just not in the doctor's office."
"Oh yeah, go get her! I bet she's scared to come back in here." Mariah said as she fixed her hair. Deandre just chuckled as he walked out. "I would be too."

"I heard that!"

When they left their appointment, they decided to go sit down at a restaurant to talk.

"Now that I'm home I can start planning my nail tour. I need to do at least two before my feet starts getting big." Deandre helped Zein open her silverware as Mariah talk things over. "How many albums are you contacted to do?"

"2."

"I thought they were usually five?" Mariah asked eating her Caesar salad.

"I didn't want one for that long, it's too much pressure. But I got a lot of songs that I know can get another contract when I finish this album. Maybe even a better one." She nodded and cut a piece of his chicken when he wasn't looking.